PDA

View Full Version : Grandstream HT-502 access

jst1960
02-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Anyone know what the admin password is so I can assign a static IP to the WAN port?

VOIPoTim
02-18-2011, 07:16 PM
You will be able to access the user area/router settings with password 123.

jst1960
02-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Tim,
I accessed the user area, but did not see an area to set a static IP.
Am I missing something? I did call support, but after holding for over an hour, I gave up.

voipinit
02-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Assigning a static IP is in Basic Settings which you should be able to access as Tim said. You want to use the "statically configured as:" radio tab and fill in the IP's.

jst1960
02-19-2011, 12:50 PM
voipinit,
Thanks for showing me where to make the change!
Two more questions. I assume where it asks for the default router, this would be the gateway or IP of my router, correct? And do I leave both DNS server 1and 2 as is, or do they need to be changed?
I have my ATA behind my router, Linksys WRT54GL. I have a patch cable running from a port on my router to the WAN input on the ATA. I gained access to the ATA by running a patch cable from a laptop to the LAN input on the ATA. Is this the correct way to go about making the changes?

Thanks again for the help!

burris
02-19-2011, 01:48 PM
If you don't have the manual, this might help.

http://www.grandstream.com/user_manuals/HT502_User_Manual.pdf

Russell
02-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Your cable connections are correct.

voipinit
02-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Two more questions. I assume where it asks for the default router, this would be the gateway or IP of my router, correct?
Yes, that is correct.

And do I leave both DNS server 1and 2 as is, or do they need to be changed?
They should be fine as they are.

I have my ATA behind my router, Linksys WRT54GL. I have a patch cable running from a port on my router to the WAN input on the ATA. I gained access to the ATA by running a patch cable from a laptop to the LAN input on the ATA. Is this the correct way to go about making the changes?

Yes that is fine. Normally, you could disconnect it after the initial changes are made and access the ATA configuration using the static IP setup on the router, but since your router does not support that, you are correct in how you are accessing the ATA configuration. You could also access the ATA configuration using the WAN IP and port number.
Sounds like you are pretty much all set to go!

jst1960
02-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone!

I believe I have setup everything correctly, time will tell. I logged into the ATA and selected, statically configured as. I gave it an IP address outside of my routers pool, set subnet mask to 255.255.255.0, set the default router IP to my router’s IP and left the DNS servers as they were. I can now access the ATA from my desktop using the new IP without going thru the LAN port. I logged into my router and setup port forwarding to the IP assigned to the ATA. I selected ports 5004–65000, UDP, to forward. If I have missed anything, please let me know. The last thing I need is my wife nagging me about the phone not working!

voipinit
02-19-2011, 06:07 PM
The last thing I need is my wife nagging me about the phone not working!

Yeah I hear yah, I think you're good though. Let us know if you have any hic-ups.

gwhit
07-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I just solved a problem with Caller ID not working with a new V-tech phone 6421-3 phone system by removing the new ht702 and configuring an older model ht502 I had from my previous company with the correct credentials. My question to the group is there any reason this should not work long term? My "new" ht702 is just sitting in the closet now so I'm not sure if it not being registered will cause any issues on my account?