PDA

View Full Version : Until I can get a voipo adapter, please help with these settings

gatorrobin
12-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Since I don't have access to the alpha groups to search for further information, I am posting here.

I am using an adapter originally from Packet 8. I have loaded full open firmware so everything can be set. I will buy a voipo adapter soon but need to use this in the meantime.

When I first entered the SIP settings, everything worked, I could send and receive calls. Now, with changing nothing, I can no longer dial a number but I can receive calls still. After dialing the number I get a busy signal, whether doing 7 or 10 digit dialing.

Here is what I have set up:

server address: codeblue.voipo.com
port: 5060
domain name: (blank)

phone number: (my current phone number but am using a virtual # until porting is done) and current phone number and password for authentication.

sip port 5060

base rtp and sip port: 5060

dial plan: xxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|x.T|x.#

Send Out-Of-Band Telephone Events: RFC 2833
RFC2833 signalling using payload value: 101
Call Signalling Packets: B8
RTP packets: B8

lots of other info but I don't think it is affecting dialing out

codecs in use:

G711U
G711A
G729

adaptive jitter buffer: 30ms

any suggestions on why I can no longer call out but was working fine a couple of days ago?

VOIPoBrandon
12-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Hello Robin, let me know when you have a few minutes, today, this week, sometime when you have access to make outbound phone calls through your P8 device, and I will see if I can find anything / do my best to help, however keep in mind we are not the most familiar with P8's devices. Thanks!

P.S. as far as letting me know, just shoot me a PM.

chpalmer
12-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Try this- "domain name" = codeblue.voipo.com

gatorrobin
12-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Try this- "domain name" = codeblue.voipo.com

Hi, thanks for the reply but I had tried that already.

As mentioned, it was working great sending and receiving calls. The next day with nothing being changed on my end I can no longer make calls.

I loaded the firmware for a Leadtek BVA8052 onto the packet 8 adapter (which is basically the same adapter) and it has fully opened it up so that I can change any settings on the adapter needed so hopefully I'll be able to use it somehow until I get a voipo branded adapter.

gatorrobin
12-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Hello Robin, let me know when you have a few minutes, today, this week, sometime when you have access to make outbound phone calls through your P8 device, and I will see if I can find anything / do my best to help, however keep in mind we are not the most familiar with P8's devices. Thanks!

P.S. as far as letting me know, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks Brandon, just sent you a PM

gatorrobin
12-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Got the packet8 adapter to work and is working great now so far.

It's a 2 line adapter so whatever strange reason, I setup line 2 with the voipo info and it's working great!

Gonna do some test calls with Brandon later but so far ok.

Jamyn
12-20-2007, 09:47 AM
What does Packet8 provide for hardware? Is it the Linksys PAP2? It should say somewhere on it. Those aren't too bad, and there are some good ways to tune performance (especially if you're behind NAT). I did a ton of voip deployments in offices, so ... been there, already bled blood on most of the problems. hehe.

VOIPoTim
12-20-2007, 10:29 AM
They have their own proprietary devices.

What does Packet8 provide for hardware? Is it the Linksys PAP2? It should say somewhere on it. Those aren't too bad, and there are some good ways to tune performance (especially if you're behind NAT). I did a ton of voip deployments in offices, so ... been there, already bled blood on most of the problems. hehe.

PAP2's aren't bad and that's almost what we went with. At the end of the day though, Linksys is very difficult to work with with volume.

As an example, most other manufacturers will easily point the devices to our provisioning servers ahead of time. With Linksys they will with the right volume, but it's a huge hassle. Lately most of the people I've talked to said it's almost like they're trying to phase those out the way they're handling some of the accounts.

The hardware is good...it's just the company that I don't like.