PDA

View Full Version : New User, No Service

JRWalters
03-07-2011, 07:32 PM
I recently ordered residential voipo. I got my invoice in my email, but no welcome message. Once I received my Grandstream HT502 it said in the instructions if you didn’t get a welcome message to email support and ask for one, which I did. In the meantime I figured I might still be able to dial out to my cell phone and discover what my new voipo number was. I connected the WAN port of HT502 to my router and waited ten minutes, then attempted to dial out. I got a busy signal.

As per the instructions, I portforwarded the range 5004 – 65000 UDP to the IP of the HT502. Still I get a busy signal when I dial out.

Fearing there still being some NAT issue, I connected the HT502 directly to my cable modem and verified it had a public IP. I still get a busy signal.

After contacting tech support and creating a ticket YQL-477663 I am still unable to connect. Although support says that I’m registered, VPanel insists “You do not currently have any devices registered to our servers!”

I attempted using softphone x-lite to dial out with no success.

When I call my voipo number I get a busy signal aswell, even when I set the failover to be a number, or voicemail.

The tech knew what IP address I had assigned to the HT502 so obviously they are able to talk to it. What could be the problem? Could the MAC address of the HT502 be associated with another account that is disabled?

And if they was a problem with the device, why would failover not be functioning?

The tech I spoke with hasn't been able to figure it out.

VOIPoTim
03-07-2011, 07:41 PM
The forum is for customer to customer help and customer discussions.

We don't provide any support on the forums and since this is an account specific issue, you'll need to work with our support team to resolve this.

Please continue to work with them in the existing ticket.

usa2k
03-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Port forwarding is normally to overcome inbound issues.

vPanel should show if your device is registered, but you would need the account and password to login. https://secure.voipo.com/features/devices

Your account is the number you selected when you signed up.

Do work with VOIPo support, they have many tools, and information that a mere user like me would not have.

X-lite should fail until your HT502 registers for the first time. Then the credentials at https://secure.voipo.com/preferences/softphone should work.