PDA

View Full Version : no incoming call on Softphone/BYOD

mogulman
03-21-2011, 11:23 PM
I thought that the softphone/BYOD credentials could be used in parallel with the ATA that I have set at home.

I tried configuring an old HT502 that was in my closet. I upgraded the firmware and put in the settings the way I thought they should be. I'm using port 6060, rtp 16384. Right now I'm away from home.

When the HT502 reboots.. I can see in the "Devices" section of Vpanel that it registers. For some reason, it only shows my softphone/byod device at this point. If I make a call from my cell to my voipo number it works fine... IE.. I hear it ring on my HT502 and I can answer it....

Then I see that the Linksys Voipo device at home registers using device/vpanel(maybe because it sees the incoming call)...

Now if I make a 2nd incoming call, the HT502 rings. When I answer... I get a busy signal.

It's almost like the registration of the byod/softphone account is switching back and forth between the regular ATA and the softphone ATA. I thought they were supposed to be allowed to be in parallel.

Any ideas?

anyway..

mogulman
03-21-2011, 11:26 PM
hm...tried another call with both devices registered. First call I could answer through the HT502. 2nd call..got a busy signal. Weird....

Wonder if its some type of HT502 setting.

Anyone have any recommended HT502 settings for BYOD?

mogulman
03-21-2011, 11:33 PM
hmm..ok..played some more.. Tried putting the HT502 in the DMZ of my router. didn't make a difference..

I did find out something interesting though..

If I answer the phone connected to the HT502 on the first ring, then it works fine.

If I answer the phone connected to the HT502 on the 2nd ring or later, then I get the busy signal on the HT502 connected phone when I answer. puzzling..

rcc344
03-22-2011, 11:33 AM
On your request for BYOD settings on the HT502, this is what I am using after tweeking to resolve several issues. These are changes from default.

I'm using the HT502 in a static IP mode, behind a router. My router does not require port forwarding, however some may require forwarding 5000-65000 UDP. In the dial plan, replace the 609 with your local area code. This plan works with 7, 10 and 11 digit numbers.

NAT Traversal (STUN): No, but send keep-alive
Outgoing Call without Registration: No
Register Expiration: 4 (in minutes)
Use random port: Yes
Check SIP User ID for incoming INVITE: Yes
Allow Incoming SIP Messages
from SIP Proxy Only: Yes
Preferred DTMF method:
(in listed order) Priority 1: RFC2833
Priority 2: In-audio
Priority 3: In-audio
Dial Plan: { *x+|[49]11|123|<=1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx+|<=1609>[2-9]xxxxxx+|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx}
Gain: TX -4dB RX -4dB

I'm not a master of VoIP, so this should not be taken as the most optimal configuration, but it works for me. I welcome any suggestions for changes.

mogulman
03-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Ok.. so I tried the HT502 direct connected to my cable modem. I also tried all different ports. I tried upgrading and downgrading firmware.

When the HT502 is the only thing registered... Then I can answer on 1 ring or more then 1 ring with the analog device that is attached to it.

When the Voipo supplied device registers, then the HT502 can only receive an incoming call if I answer it on 1 ring.

I tried x-lite softphone, and it works fine using the softphone settings.

So.. it is either got to be:
1. The HT502 is defective.
or
2. Somehow Voipo is sensing another hardware ATA connected to the BYOD/softphone credentials and the server is doing something.

mogulman
03-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Weird...

I looked in the logs on my ATA.. this is what I see:
Creating Call object 1 at port 0:0, caller 0
Bound to RTP port 5004, socket 20
ATACallControl::acceptCall on port 0:0, skipSig 0
Cannot find the matching dialog or transaction to accept the call

This above is what happens when it can't answer the call. I checked on the same log when a call works... and the only thing that is different is the error message above "Cannont find the matching dialog or transaction to accept the call"

isgjay
03-25-2011, 11:03 AM
..If I answer the phone connected to the HT502 on the 2nd ring or later, then I get the busy signal on the HT502 connected phone when I answer. puzzling..

------

I am configuring an HT502 for the first time today. I thought it was working great, then discovered that if I answer AFTER the first ring, I hear a fast busy. I do not have another ATA hooked up behind my router, but I do have a couple of SIP phones plugged in; one is on a separate VOIPo account.

I think this must be related to a setting in the HT502, but have not found it.

I have never experienced this with my Linksys ATA. Wondering if anyone can help....

- Jay

mogulman
04-21-2011, 06:58 AM
I replaced the HT502 with an old Linksys RTP300 that I had in my closet. Everything is working now. So it must be something related to the GS device.

voipinit
04-24-2011, 10:21 AM
------

I am configuring an HT502 for the first time today. I thought it was working great, then discovered that if I answer AFTER the first ring, I hear a fast busy. I do not have another ATA hooked up behind my router, but I do have a couple of SIP phones plugged in; one is on a separate VOIPo account.

I think this must be related to a setting in the HT502, but have not found it.

I have never experienced this with my Linksys ATA. Wondering if anyone can help....

- Jay

What is your HT502 firmware version? and do you have the random port set to yes or no (default is no)?