PDA

View Full Version : Considering switching away - questions

LoadStar
03-24-2011, 07:49 PM
I switched from another VOIP service to VOIPo about a year ago, strictly due to price. Other than that factor, I was extremely happy with my other phone service.

Since switching, I've remained somewhat dissatisfied with aspects of the service. Now, with my previous service offering a lower price and my year coming up, I'm considering switching back. If I should do so, I do have some questions.

1) If I do switch back, will the account be automatically closed once the number port completes, or would a randomly selected number be assigned to the VOIPo account?
2) I have an add-on fax line. What would become of that?
3) Will I be notified to return the phone adapter and how?

Please note that this isn't a thread to discuss the aspects of VOIPo I've found dissatisfying. I would like to focus on the process for porting a number away and closing the account, should I choose to (and I have yet to finalize that decision). Thanks.

usa2k
03-25-2011, 03:47 AM
The only thing I'd be sure of, is the adapter needs to be returned.

If you are doing LNP, don't cancel until the number is moved. (Advice for every VoIP and phone company out there.)

LoadStar
04-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Hmm. I guess I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get a more thorough response from others, but oh well.

Thanks, usa2k.

stevech
04-01-2011, 10:26 PM
did you ask via the support ticketing system?
This forum is an informal user chat.

wintek
04-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Hmm. I guess I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get a more thorough response from others, but oh well.

I'm guessing the vast majority of the people on this form have not gone through the process you are posting about.