PDA

View Full Version : My VOIPo # cannot be called... it is always busy, no Support after 7pm CST Friday?

bill t
03-26-2011, 02:04 PM
I am a new user provided with a Grandstream HT-502 adapter. At 5pm PST (or 7pm CST) yesterday, I was sent a cryptic email from VOIPo informing me that the "temporary" number that I was provided was being pulled because my ported number had arrived.

The problem is that the "temporary" number was not temporary because I had paid $36.00 extra for a year for the number I had ported over. so that I could use the virtual 2nd line feature...

So now I have the following issues:

1- VPanel does not recognize my adapter, no matter what I do to reboot it.
2- My ported VOIPo number cannot be called, it is "busy". The same is true for the original number, which now does not show as active in the V panel.

What is very strange is that I can call out (on the ported number only) and it does show the caller ID of the ported number...

Is there really no support whatsoever from 7pm CST Friday to 9am CST Monday morning? It seems like a very cruel irony that my service is disrupted at exactly the time (7pm CST) that support goes on hiatus...

I am very disappointed that there seem to have been so many "crossed wires" when communicating with VOIPo. I sent my port request over on 2/22 and after following up on 3/15; I have reservations whether the port request had been sent over. I then received an email saying it was scheduled to port over on 3/23, which it did. On 3/23, with the help of Support, I then set my ported number as the primary number and the original primary number as the virtual 2nd number.

This latest event appears to be directly related to the fact that the "system" will make unilateral actions (cancelling my original primary number which I think may be the reason my device is now not being recognized) because it had not been properly informed about the fact that I had paid for an additional number. What is particularly frustrating is that it happened to coincide with the exact moment that there is no customer support available.

Is it just me or does it seem like one has to navigate a maze (like a rat looking for a treat) in order to get information about setup, configuration, troubleshooting, etc. Seriously, after 3+ years in service, I don't understand the paucity of information available on their website or V panel. Outside of the forum, there are very slim pickings.

holmes4
03-27-2011, 02:11 PM
If you open a support ticket from the web control panel, you should get a response soon. If you had done that on Friday I am fairly sure you'd already have one - I have had responses on weekends. Yes, the phone support has limited hours.

gatorsean
03-27-2011, 04:35 PM
If you're not happy with your service, just return our adapter and cancel within 30 days for a full refund.

Support hours are not available on the weekend but during the weekday, they have been very quick with a response during the week and during business hours.

wintek
03-28-2011, 07:33 AM
If you're not happy with your service, just return our adapter and cancel within 30 days for a full refund.

I find the above statement to be very telling about a company.

bill t
03-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Roger that wintek... that comment is as helpful as trying to put out the fire with gasoline... in my opinion.

Ok, the problem has been 99% fixed (except for the 2nd line showing up as a 2nd line in my V panel).

My takeaway from this experience is:

1- If you port over a number and want to make it your primary number, make that change at 8am Monday and avoid at all costs doing it after Tuesday.

2- Don't assume that your phone works because you get a dial tone because in this case both of my numbers could not be called even though I got a dial tone on both and could call out.

3- Don't assume that the fail-safe of having calls forwarded if your line is busy will always work because in my case it did not. In fact there was no trace in the system of calls I made from my cell to my 2 VOIPo numbers.