PDA

View Full Version : Random Pages and Intercom with static

hurricanium
04-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Don't know if anyone has run into this before. Over the last couple of days I have come into my home office to find my RCA phone intercom and speaker on with nothing but static and it is loud. This is a 4 line phone that has the ability to page other similar phones on the same phone system.

I only have one line in this phone right now and it is VOIPO. I have seen in the past where people are getting Asterisks calls so not sure if this is related.

chpalmer
04-03-2011, 12:47 PM
We have those same phones in our office for the last several years...

This has been pretty normal from the beginning with these at our office where we never used Voipo services until early last year...

We did use Vonage pretty much from the start with them but I seem to remember them doing it with Qwest also.

If you have one you might put a dsl filter straight out of the ATA and see if it goes away. Those phones communicate with each other in the same spectrum that a dsl modem does with the head end. If the ATA is generating noise in that spectrum it could be inducing this... The filter should then stop that.

Just make sure that you do not filter the line between the phones.

Most hardware and office stores stores carry DSL filters in their telco stuff...

hurricanium
04-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Thank you for the advice. I will certainly try that. I had to use a DSL filter on my vonage adapter to minimize fax failures because of suspected noise from the ATA so I have one handy. Which also may explain why I never had this issue before.

hurricanium
04-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Just want to give an update. Since installing the DSL filter coming out of the grandstream ATA I no longer have this problem. Thanks chpalmer for the suggestion it took care of the problem!

chpalmer
04-23-2011, 10:09 AM
;) no problem!