PDA

View Full Version : Phone messages left on phone situation.....confused

bostonfan49
08-30-2013, 01:07 PM
So I have an AT&T base unit that has an answering machine that is turned off and an AT&T rep confirmed that it is off. I have friends that call my Voipo number and after 6-7 rings are prompted to leave a message, which they do. I look at my phone which says for example...4 missed calls. If I hit "Play" I am prompted with....."No messages"..but if I go into my Vpanel I can see where theses people have left what appears to be messages because of the length of time...1-3 minutes. So what is happening? How do I turn off the prompt....to leave a message??????
Thanks, Bill

wingsohot
08-30-2013, 02:07 PM
You are receiving voicemail. By default, it is enabled. Simply log into your vpanel and disable it.

JacobsLive
08-31-2013, 01:22 AM
So I have an AT&T base unit that has an answering machine that is turned off and an AT&T rep confirmed that it is off. I have friends that call my Voipo number and after 6-7 rings are prompted to leave a message, which they do. I look at my phone which says for example...4 missed calls. If I hit "Play" I am prompted with....."No messages"..but if I go into my Vpanel I can see where theses people have left what appears to be messages because of the length of time...1-3 minutes. So what is happening? How do I turn off the prompt....to leave a message??????
Thanks, Bill

You are confused with your phone's built in voice message system and voipo's voicemail system. If you here a stutter tone when you pick up the phone, it means you have unheard messages in your voipo voicemail box. Dial 123 and you will be taken to the voice mail box.

If you want to use your phone's voice mail box instead of voipo's disable voicemail in the control panel or adjust the ring time in control panel and your phone. Keep the shorter time on the phone system.