PDA

View Full Version : Device not registered message

VOIPOinTN
04-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Lately I have had a problem when I pick up a phone I get a message "Device Not Registered" instead of a dialtone. Support says unplug, reboot. I have done that several times and still have a problem. Any suggestions?

My configuration is a Comcast "modem" to the ATA (the non-Linksys model supplied by Voipo), then a wireless router. My bandwidth is usually 12mb down and 4mb up.

Thanks

chpalmer
04-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Is your Comcast "modem" a bridge or a gateway?

or

What is the wan address given out by your modem to the next device in line?

wintek
04-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Disconnect power from all devices.

Connect router to comcast modem

Connect ATA to router

Power up Modem & wiat for it to lock down

Power up Router and wait for lights to settle down

Power up ATA

Make phone call.

usa2k
04-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Model numbers of the devices and how they are connected would help this thread a whole lot.

Is it just a Comcast modem, and a Grandstream Handy Tone 502 router/ATA? That is the simplest setup and should work. Are you a heavy computer user? Not sure how robust an HT502 is to support a lot of computer traffic.

You look to have registered here almost a year ago so I expect you've had a long good run before this issue. If the modem has not been power cycled in a long time, definitely do that.

VOIPo support (I especially like support@voipo.com) can do much more advanced troubleshooting than the user base here. Hope this gets resolved. Perhaps it is simply a network/Comcast issue that might pass soon?