PDA

View Full Version : Can't Anyone Help?

pjd218
04-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Held on the phone for 30 minutes with no response. Tried online chat and it keeps closing once I get started with a tech.
This is beyond frustrating. Been working on setting this up for 3 days and still no service.
Is anyone out there? Even my post from the weekend is not showing up in the forum!

VOIPoTim
04-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Open a support ticket by contacting support@voipo.com and you'll get fast assistance.
There's only 8 tickets open right now so it's basically dead.

Phone and live chat is always a little busier especially on a Monday.

pjd218
04-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Sorry Tim, but I had to cancel the service. I am in the middle of a new startup and looking for an affordable phone solution.

As a multiple business owner that relies on customer relationships, this email is absolutely unwarranted:
In order to avoid a $49.95 fee for the purchase of non-returned equipment and complete your recent cancellation, you must immediately return the VOIPo adapter and its power cable to us at the following
address:

VOIPO
4500 Campus Drive
Suite 380
Newport Beach CA 92660

If the adapter is already on its way, please disregard this e-mail and accept our thanks for promptly returning VOIPo equipment.

Once we receive it, it may take 2-3 days for us to get it checked in and our system updated.

---
IMPORTANT: If you fail to return the VOIPo adapter you will be charged $49.95 for the purchase of the unreturned equipment. If this fee is charged and you do not have valid payment information on file and fail to pay it within a reasonable period of time, your account will be forwarded to a collection agency.
----

Once again, if the equipment is already on the way to us, please accept our thanks.

If you believe this is an error and your equipment has been returned more than 7 days ago, please e-mail the tracking number to billing@voipo.com so we can research it.

If you have any questions, please contact billing@voipo.com for assistance. We appreciate your business and hope that we can service you again in the future.

-The VOIPo Team

The adapter will be in the mail tomorrow. FEDEX overnight!

VOIPoTim
04-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Sorry you feel that way. This is an automated e-mail that we have to send out.

We have to be firm upfront to make sure people understand the consequences if they don't return the equipment.

Even though it's reasonable to think most people would return it and follow through with their commitments, there a large % of cancellations that refuse to return it. Some even tell is "if you want it come and get it" and things of that nature and it turns into a battle ultimately forcing us to handle it via collections. Customers have said they burned it, threw it away, gave it to Goodwill, etc. Once a customer invoiced us for their time to package it. I wish I were exaggerating these examples, but I'm not. These are examples of things we have heard from customers.

There's no need to overnight...we give people 30 days for the return before any charges are applied.

Ultimately this e-mail is not intended to be offensive to anyone...it's just that for a segment of customers we have to be crystal clear and firm that it needs to be returned and this is an automated e-mail that explains that and the consequences of not returning.

Sorry Tim, but I had to cancel the service. I am in the middle of a new startup and looking for an affordable phone solution.

As a multiple business owner that relies on customer relationships, this email is absolutely unwarranted:
In order to avoid a $49.95 fee for the purchase of non-returned equipment and complete your recent cancellation, you must immediately return the VOIPo adapter and its power cable to us at the following
address:

VOIPO
4500 Campus Drive
Suite 380
Newport Beach CA 92660

If the adapter is already on its way, please disregard this e-mail and accept our thanks for promptly returning VOIPo equipment.

Once we receive it, it may take 2-3 days for us to get it checked in and our system updated.

---
IMPORTANT: If you fail to return the VOIPo adapter you will be charged $49.95 for the purchase of the unreturned equipment. If this fee is charged and you do not have valid payment information on file and fail to pay it within a reasonable period of time, your account will be forwarded to a collection agency.
----

Once again, if the equipment is already on the way to us, please accept our thanks.

If you believe this is an error and your equipment has been returned more than 7 days ago, please e-mail the tracking number to billing@voipo.com so we can research it.

If you have any questions, please contact billing@voipo.com for assistance. We appreciate your business and hope that we can service you again in the future.

-The VOIPo Team

The adapter will be in the mail tomorrow. FEDEX overnight!

rcc344
04-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Just curious.... If a customer decides to pay the $50 cost of the adapter, will VoIPo remove the password protection and allow the device to be used with another BYOD service?

VOIPoTim
04-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Just curious.... If a customer decides to pay the $50 cost of the adapter, will VoIPo remove the password protection and allow the device to be used with another BYOD service?

Yes, no problem with that.

stevech
04-06-2011, 04:06 PM
The VoIP companies I tried before VoIPo all had the same policy. Send us the undamaged ATA and we'll refund your deposit on it. May take a week or two. I don't know what the OP's beef is.

Same policy on keeping the ATA. But getting unlock passwords can be a problem. Or reset to factory defaults if that can be done after termination of service. I prefer to not BYOD so there's no question that I mis-configured the SIP client settings.

tritch
04-06-2011, 06:04 PM
But getting unlock passwords can be a problem. Or reset to factory defaults if that can be done after termination of service.

The ATA's from Voipo are not hard "locked". If you want to keep and use them with another provider, all you have to do is reset them back to factory defaults. This is usually accomplished by using either the reset button or by accessing the built-in IVR feature depending upon the ATA you have.