PDA

View Full Version : How do reseller account minutes and dollar billing work?

JohnnyComms
04-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi. I am trying to understand the billing system. Support advises that the cash balance is separate from the minutes remaining. Where does the number of minutes (the 1000 I start with each month, minus what I used) show up? What happens after the 1000 minutes runs out? Does it start using the cash balance at a penny a minute? Is this like a cash account that I sweep into a minutes account, and how do I see the minutes balance?

481 minutes got used up on a call which apparently did not hang up. (Call problem was since resolved.) The minutes allotted were used up, and the number stopped working until I added minutes. So I emailed support to ask about the above, and the reply was that I could add as many minutes as I wanted. That leads to the questions above.

Also, another thread says that the same reseller account SIP credentials can be used by an infinite number of multiple, simultaneous sessions. I take that to mean I can register as many devices or softphones as I want using my reseller account SIP credentials, and if I use them simultaneously, each one will use the minutes allotted in the control panel. Is that correct?

If that's so, do other accounts I create have their own SIP credentials, and do they work this way, too? Or do they just use my SIP credentials?

Thanks for any information,

Theron

genxweb
04-06-2011, 12:40 PM
VOIPO bills to the 10th of a penny. I have a yearly reseller package with them and this is what I see each month.

Once the 1000 minutes are used I stat getting charged for each call at the cost of the call. If it is US or Canada it is .001 cents plus the 9% usage fee tax. If it is toll free calls there is no charge.

As a reseller the accounts you create can use their sip credentials to register an unlimited number of devices (there prob is a limit but they say unlimited) my PBX has 15 trunks on it all my company number this allows for multiple inbound and outbound calls.

All the accounts you create have their own sip credentials. It is up to you if you want to support this way of doing business as VOIPO will not provide support for your clients who try to use their sip credentials in devices that they are not making money selling.

For example one of my selling points is I will support SIP devices that I have certified as compliant. To certify I have the vendor or client send me a device and I will test with it and write up directions for it. I also support Asterisk as I have been using it for years. though if I have a issue with a client and they are not happy I cant run to support. I make sure I have another sure fire way to test if it is a voipo issue or mine, ie a softphone and the clients credentials. 9 out of 10 times it is a user issue.

usa2k
04-06-2011, 05:30 PM
I think you meant $0.01 a minute, right?

http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php?p=14868

genxweb
04-08-2011, 07:38 AM
You are right I meant .01.