PDA

View Full Version : 20-35 second delay on outgoing calls

SomeWhoCallMeTim
04-06-2011, 07:55 PM
I thought I had seen a thread on this but can't find it.

We have a 20-35 second delay before we hear a ring on outgoing calls.

Comcast Modem <> Grandstream HT-502 <> Linksys Router

Is there something we can tweak to fix that?

Thanks,
Paul

usa2k
04-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Definitely send an email to support@voipo.com

I suspect a higher tier would look at that. I wonder if adding a # at the numbers you dial might speed it up? All the dial string handling is on their servers - not in the ATA. Maybe something is askew, or one of their routings needs to be diverted.

One thing you might make a note of is if its all call destinations, or just a specific area, or number?

gatorsean
04-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there anyway to ssh into these ATA boxes to do a pcap trace?

SomeWhoCallMeTim
04-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I'll do that. thanks!

Definitely send an email to support@voipo.com

I suspect a higher tier would look at that. I wonder if adding a # at the numbers you dial might speed it up? All the dial string handling is on their servers - not in the ATA. Maybe something is askew, or one of their routings needs to be diverted.

One thing you might make a note of is if its all call destinations, or just a specific area, or number?

Amepesope
04-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Thanks for your quick response, Tim.

I am also noticing that most of my outbound calls get a "busy" signal, as soon as I dial the number. Do you think, this behavior is also something to do with that upstream carrier?
ses
w,t,s,a

wevowva
04-27-2011, 04:11 PM
...I am also noticing that most of my outbound calls get a "busy" signal, as soon as I dial the number.

Same problem here. Our phone rings at the destination with our caller ID, but when they pick up, they get busy. On our end, we either get the fast busy or nothing at all. I have not experienced the long delay trying to call out, but we do sometimes just get a dead line after dialing... maybe I haven't waited long enough.

tritch
04-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Same problem here. Our phone rings at the destination with our caller ID, but when they pick up, they get busy. On our end, we either get the fast busy or nothing at all. I have not experienced the long delay trying to call out, but we do sometimes just get a dead line after dialing... maybe I haven't waited long enough.

If your ATA is behind your router, it could be a port blocking issue. I would open a support ticket and let them take a look at your setup.....

jshatch
05-03-2011, 08:33 AM
My phone has been doing this now for a while now, support suggested it was a latency issue between me and the voip server, and at first that's what it seemed like, but the problem hasn't gone away completely and latency looks fine. Already gone down the open port issue on this one (had the ATA connected directly to the internet at one point). Glad to see I'm not the only one with that problem.