PDA

View Full Version : Why so much Spam?

burris
09-03-2013, 10:16 AM
How do you let these idiots post unless they are customers?

Shouldn't they need to register and then being able to identify them you can block them?

Really annoying..

uf_shane
09-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Its more of the forum software, it does not always protect against bots like that... we deal with that in our community often

uf_shane
09-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Ok, cleaned up most of the spam, if you see anymore be sure to hit the report button. They have also put in some measures that will prevent most spam from making it to the public

VOIPoTim
09-17-2013, 11:26 AM
This has been a constant battle for us, but we've put in some more aggressive filtering software (thanks to uf_shane for the recommendation). We were dealing with thousands of SPAM messages a day that were filtered in addition to what was still making it through. The new software uses a ton of different methods in addition to the spam checking service we have been using and seems to be catching the bulk of it now.

edwinhil
02-14-2014, 02:42 PM
ok, I've got to make this comment here. I'm a newbee, only been on voipo for about a week now. When I was shopping around for a voip service, there were tons of offers, page after page, reading reviews, etc, etc, but then I started looking at the forums and seeing how they were being handled. It was still confusing and very hard to make a decision. Then, I went on the voipo forum and started seeing posts by the founder, Tim. That impressed me so much, that voipo would actually have the highest level of management actually looking at what customers would be asking and their concerns. That's what made my decision for me, and I'd just like to tip my hat to you guys, it actually feels good to know that someone really wants to make it work, you're doing great!!

VOIPoTim
02-14-2014, 03:44 PM
ok, I've got to make this comment here. I'm a newbee, only been on voipo for about a week now. When I was shopping around for a voip service, there were tons of offers, page after page, reading reviews, etc, etc, but then I started looking at the forums and seeing how they were being handled. It was still confusing and very hard to make a decision. Then, I went on the voipo forum and started seeing posts by the founder, Tim. That impressed me so much, that voipo would actually have the highest level of management actually looking at what customers would be asking and their concerns. That's what made my decision for me, and I'd just like to tip my hat to you guys, it actually feels good to know that someone really wants to make it work, you're doing great!!

Thanks for the feedback. It's nice to hear that our efforts are noticed. We definitely try to provide the best service we can.