PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen this anomaly?

stevech
04-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Filing a trouble ticket with VoIPo won't do me much good- hard to reproduce.

Today: Important conference call. Using big corporate bridge 800 number I've used a lot previously, with VoIPo.

Dial in OK. Logged with DTMF. Hear people. A minute later I hear dial tone.
I hang up (go on hook). Off hook. Redial. I hear the conference again, without a login challenge. A minute or so later, I hear dial tone again.

I'm angry. Bridge tells everyone I've logged out, as if I'm rudely bailing out.

I redial on my POTS line and all is fine.

robhouston
04-20-2011, 05:30 AM
I've seen something similar------I have a DECT 6 cordless phone connected to my ATA, and if I get the handset too far from the base station, it appears to lose "registration" with the base station and disconnect the call. If I then quickly redial, the call is reconnected as if I was never disconnected.

Is that similar to what you are experiencing?

stevech
04-21-2011, 12:45 AM
No, the DECT 6 handset was less than 6 ft. from the base. No other DECT phones in use in this home at the time, and there's only one handset on that base.

So it's kind of like I had accidentally hit the FLASH button to put the call on hold and use a second line to initiate a call. Never tried that on VoIPo. I don't think I hit the flash button. Well, I'll see if it happens again.

burris
04-21-2011, 06:56 AM
I've had Dect 6 phones since inception and the handset can be right next to the base as mine is, and once in a while it will register out of range.

I spoke a number of times with Uniden(my brand) and they suggested re-setting the base station...easy enough to do and I don't see the rare problem for many more months.

This has also happened with some other handsets around the apartment. The handset shows out of range and as soon as it goes back, the call is still alive...at least in my case.

We're still dealing with RF and these problems will happen from time to time

stevech
04-21-2011, 04:46 PM
I'll put this anomaly in the category: "if it ever happens again, I'll deal with it"
;)