PDA

View Full Version : IUB-344442 - Outgoing calls ring busy and no incoming

hurricanium
04-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Tim,

Maybe you can help me on this. I know your support is looking into it but it is driving me crazy. I had my# ported from Vonage and it seems the port was successful. When people call me they get "this number is not in service" message. When I call from my verizon cell it works? Not only that as of this morning I made 1 phone call and now every phone I call i get a busy signal after 30 seconds.

My Grandstream ATA is conneced directly to the modem. I have TWC with speeds of 11.30mbps down and 1.01mbps up.

Not sure what else I can try? Everthing was working fine until the # port and since then it has been down hill.

mfugel
04-30-2011, 11:07 AM
I have the same issue...just got my Voipo device last night...i get dial-tone...but fast busy on dial out. Incoming calls go right to my mailbox. I really want this to work...let me know if you find the issue!! good luck..

stevech
04-30-2011, 12:34 PM
when fast-busy on outgoing, or for incoming "This Number Is No Longer In Service" happens to me, it's because the ATA failed to register. Repeated power-cycling the ATA cures it eventually.
Assuming you've not changed your router.

doesn't help the WAF, eh?

mfugel
04-30-2011, 01:00 PM
I have plugged and unplugged the ATA dozens of times...still does not register. I am assuming by 'registering', you are saying it shows up under Devices in my vPanel.

I think my router/gateway is the issue...I am using AT&T U-Verse for my internet, have tried numerous combinations of firewall settings...it either will never work or I've got something mis-configured. I would bet the later!!

Thanks for your response!!

Mark

hurricanium
04-30-2011, 04:15 PM
I wish it did help but it does not. I have rebooted everthing multipe times. Again my ATA is plugged directly into the Broadband modem.

mfugel
04-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Ok...a hundred tries later...i finally made a call. Will try receiving one next.

I had the plug from my Uverse 2Wire gateway plugged into the LAN port of the ATA...i switched it to WAN...and reconfigured everything fresh...static ip and UDP ports 5004 thru 65000 open in firewall and all is happy!!!! Yipee!!!

Now lets see what happens....;)

stevech
04-30-2011, 09:44 PM
(1) Right... if you prefer to have the ATA "downstream" of your router, i.e., a member of your LAN just like a PC, then you connect the WAN port of the GS ATA to a LAN port on your router.

(2) There are several issues if you elect to put the ATA upstream of your router. Here, the WAN port of the ATA connects to your cable/DSL modem and the LAN port of the ATA connects to the WAN port of your router.

U-Verse probably prohibits the upstream case (2).

With the ATA downstream (1), there are often port forwarding issues for some reason, with VoIPo. With two prior VoIP providers, this wasn't needed, in my case.

You may find many more U-Verse idiosyncrasies. I'm among those working to totally expunge AT&T from my telecommunications needs.

mfugel
05-01-2011, 03:39 AM
Thanks Stevetech...this explains it clearly.

Update: when i first tried incoming calls, it was always going to Voicemail.
I then had to change my VPanel settings on inbound calls to go to Phone...it defaulted to Voicemail. Then it all worked like a charm!! I'm so happy.

This sure beats the $45 a month they wanted to charge for me to add AT&T Uverse voice to my existing Uverse...that was just crazy!! I love competition..it is the only thing that drive prices down...now, if I only had some better cellphone wireless choices, I could get my wireless bill for family under the 200+ a month craziness!!! Dave Ramsey would be proud!!

Thanks all for your help...I will provide update on how the service goes during my 30 day trial. Go Voipo!!!

stevech
05-01-2011, 02:21 PM
U-verse in my opinion is (a) bad technology - they try to cram HD and Internet on 50 year old copper wires to your house, designed for 0.004Mbps (equivalent) voice; (b) Again, IMO, AT&T (SBC renamed) has zero ethics, and borders on criminal deception.