PDA

View Full Version : Single FAX service

OC_Carl
10-07-2013, 12:26 PM
It seems that if one needs, or wants to send/receive faxes one needs to subscribe to the monthly service, yes?

My problem is that only on the rare occasion do I need to send a fax. I don't think I have ever actually received one because I've never had a fax machine, soft or hard.

What I'd like to see is a single fax charge, even if it is be pre-paid like the telephone service. I submit a request to send/receive a single fax along with payment. I am sent an email with acknowledgement for payment and instructions on how to send/receive a single fax.

This would complete my absolutely %100 satisfaction with voipo.com.

Thank you for the consideration.

tritch
10-07-2013, 10:56 PM
If you only need to send an occassional fax, then Voipo provides this service for free. I've used this complimentary outgoing fax service a few times and it works good. If you want to receive faxes, then you will have to pay for a fax number.

https://secure.voipo.com/beta/faxb
or
https://account.voipo.com/features/outgoing_faxing

VOIPoTim
05-17-2014, 11:55 AM
It seems that if one needs, or wants to send/receive faxes one needs to subscribe to the monthly service, yes?

My problem is that only on the rare occasion do I need to send a fax. I don't think I have ever actually received one because I've never had a fax machine, soft or hard.

What I'd like to see is a single fax charge, even if it is be pre-paid like the telephone service. I submit a request to send/receive a single fax along with payment. I am sent an email with acknowledgement for payment and instructions on how to send/receive a single fax.

This would complete my absolutely %100 satisfaction with voipo.com.

Thank you for the consideration.

As tritch said, if you need to send an occasional fax you can do that in your vPanel for free already as long as you're a customer :)

Gene Steinberg
05-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Since I have a dedicated fax number, I am using your service with good results. But it would be nice if you could set up a cover page form with the service, as you can with, say, Nextiva Fax. Yes, you're cheaper, but it would be a great feature going forward for those sending and receiving faxes and paying for the service.

VOIPoTim
05-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Since I have a dedicated fax number, I am using your service with good results. But it would be nice if you could set up a cover page form with the service, as you can with, say, Nextiva Fax. Yes, you're cheaper, but it would be a great feature going forward for those sending and receiving faxes and paying for the service.

We'll keep it in mind. We're limited by patent licensing for certain things related to faxing so we can't really modify/tweak it much without incurring massive costs related to patents.

Gene Steinberg
05-29-2014, 10:57 AM
We'll keep it in mind. We're limited by patent licensing for certain things related to faxing so we can't really modify/tweak it much without incurring massive costs related to patents.
So the technology you're using doesn't allow for online cover page forms?

Peace,
Gene

VOIPoTim
05-29-2014, 11:45 AM
So the technology you're using doesn't allow for online cover page forms?

Peace,
Gene

It's possible to add but again we are limited in what we can do due to patent limitations since if we add certain functionality we'd have to pay massive royalties to patent holders. We will consider it in the future, but we are not likely to add much to the fax service due to the significant patent issues surrounding fax services. It's not a core service for us.