PDA

View Full Version : Can I send and receive SMS from my Voipo number to a mobile phone?

Ansextra
11-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Title says it all. I thought I saw that this could be done (or is in beta testing) but when I went to the control panel it doesn't show a dropdown to add my number? Any ideas?

VOIPoTim
11-10-2013, 05:15 PM
This is available for numbers in areas where our carrier partner supports SMS. If yours is not already showing it, contact support and ask if SMS can be enabled and support can check to see. If our primary carrier partner supports your area, then we will be able to do an internal transfer of the number to enable SMS.

Ansextra
11-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Thank you Tim.

I'll call support tomorrow.

Ansextra
11-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi Tim,

I just got off the phone with support and they have initiated an internal porting of my number to allow SMS texting.

VOIPoTim
11-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Hi Tim,

I just got off the phone with support and they have initiated an internal porting of my number to allow SMS texting.

Great! Glad we were able to get it setup for you.

Ansextra
11-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Thank you again Tim! I am now planning on transferring my home Vonage number to Voipo as well.

Vicky
02-15-2014, 08:30 PM
I am having this same issue. I ported a number that I've had for 15 years to Voipo this week with the expectation of having text messages forwarded to my new phone. I hope the solution that worked for Ansextra can work for me -- I need help!!! Thanks.

VOIPoTim
02-15-2014, 08:32 PM
I am having this same issue. I ported a number that I've had for 15 years to Voipo this week with the expectation of having text messages forwarded to my new phone. I hope the solution that worked for Ansextra can work for me -- I need help!!! Thanks.

SMS is available in about 95% of the areas we serve. If the option is not showing up in your control panel and your number has already ported, contact support@voipo.com and ask to check SMS availability for your area.

Vicky
02-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Hello, I'm still looking for help with receiving SMS from my Voipo number (recently ported) to a mobile phone. When will the issues be addressed to provide this capability of 100% of customers? I also need to know if there is a workaround that I could use or what options are available to me at this point. Thank you kindly.

Ansextra
02-26-2014, 10:25 AM
As I recall it took about 4 weeks to port my number within VOIPo in order that I can send and receive SMS. Once it is available there will be a dropdown box in the Control Panel. After SMS is activated on your line you can initiate a message from the control panel and then receive responses to your email account. As I use Gmail I set up a separate notification sound for SMS messages (using filters) and get notified immediately when a text arrives. Then I respond to the email and the recipient receives it as text. It's kludgy but it works fine.

VOIPoTim
02-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Hello, I'm still looking for help with receiving SMS from my Voipo number (recently ported) to a mobile phone. When will the issues be addressed to provide this capability of 100% of customers? I also need to know if there is a workaround that I could use or what options are available to me at this point. Thank you kindly.

Support can verify if it's possible or not. We do not have the ability to offer it in all areas and won't be able to change that. We'd love to, but we don't have carrier parters that offer it in a small % of areas so there's not much we can do.

Support can confirm if it's available for you and port your number to one of our carriers that supports if we have one available.