PDA

View Full Version : SIP phone support, 2nd line for price of DID

lifespeed
05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Have VoIPo ever updated their policies to allow the same deal to users of SIP phones (second line for the price of DID) to users of actual SIP phones?

I convinced my mother to use your service, but despite my and VoIPo's efforts at echo mitigation, the issue remains. I am sure replacing the ATA with proper SIP phones would cure the problem.

She currently has two phone numbers with VoIPo.com. Can we switch her to SIP phones and get the same rate, or would VoIPo want 2X the price for two lines because they are SIP phones?

Lifespeed

tritch
05-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I've seen your posts on DSLR. Voipo's policy has been pretty clear for some time, they allow BYOD but don't support it.

You seem technically savvy enough to configure the SIP phones yourself and shouldn't need support anyway. Just move over one of her DID's to another Voipo account for less than $10/month (current 2 yr prepaid plan), then setup both SIP phones by getting the BYOD SIP credentials for each line. The total cost for 2 separate accounts should cost you less than $20/mo with their current 2 year prepaid plan. The caveats to BYOD setup are 1) no tech support, 2) no international calls allowed, and 3) lack of automatic SIP server failover when problems arise to the BYOD server located in Dallas.

If this solution is too expensive or inadequate for your needs, you probably need to seek out a true BYOD provider.....