PDA

View Full Version : Dialtone but no call goes through

Nle
05-15-2011, 09:24 AM
I am a new customer and new to VOIP. last two days (tested in the morning) I get a dialtone but outgoing calls stay in limbo. Is this common? This seems very unreliable.

fix: i'm stupid :p. The ethernet cable had come lose. But in my defense the ATA should not present a dialtone if WAN is disconnected. Poor design decision.

voipinit
05-15-2011, 09:47 AM
What is your network config.? If your ATA is behind your router, are you forwarding the suggested ports?

Nle
05-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Ok, I was stupid, but hear me out. I pushed my bed against the wall, the ethernet cable came loose enough for no connection. So ATA was not connected.

It should not present dialtone if there is no connection.

chpalmer
05-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Ok, I was stupid, but hear me out. I pushed my bed against the wall, the ethernet cable came loose enough for no connection. So ATA was not connected.

It should not present dialtone if there is no connection.

Were the registration lights still lit?

Nle
05-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Were the registration lights still lit?

I am new to this so don't know what you mean by reg lights. I have the GS 502 adapter. If you mean the phone1 and phone2 lights, then I am not sure. Even in normal operation the phone1 phone2 lines only go on if I pickup the handset, otherwise they are off.

VOIPoDanielC
05-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Hello,

The Grandstream HT502 doesn't have "registration" lights. The only time the phone lights illuminate is when it is provisioning, registering, ringing, or when the phone is in use in some way.

We are researching the issue. It seems that GrandStream has it as a default and it might not be configurable via provisioning.

Please send an email to support@voipo.com if you are experiencing this issue, ATTN: Daniel in the subject line so that we can test a new provisioning file with you to resolve the "phantom dialtone without registration".

Regards,
Daniel

voipinit
05-17-2011, 03:12 AM
On my HT-502, if it is not registered I don't get a dialtone, I get a "device not registered" IVR when I pickup the handset.

robhouston
05-17-2011, 07:04 AM
On my HT-502, I have the same problem------I get a dialtone even if the device is not registered.

So, I'd be interested if a fix is developed.

Thanks!