PDA

View Full Version : Minute caps not honored

genxweb
05-18-2011, 06:25 AM
I set my clients to a minute cap and it seems that voipo thinks it is ok to give them additional minutes before actually cutting them off. If that is the case we should be able to set that number.

I have a client that pays for our lowest monthly plan that has the lowest minute allowance and his account is set at 300 but it did not lock him until 45 minutes over costing me additional money (not much, but it is the principal). This happens on many of my accounts that hit the limits.

Why is this? Will I get a credit for this?

VOIPoTim
05-18-2011, 08:43 AM
I set my clients to a minute cap and it seems that voipo thinks it is ok to give them additional minutes before actually cutting them off. If that is the case we should be able to set that number.

I have a client that pays for our lowest monthly plan that has the lowest minute allowance and his account is set at 300 but it did not lock him until 45 minutes over costing me additional money (not much, but it is the principal). This happens on many of my accounts that hit the limits.

Why is this? Will I get a credit for this?

It is likely he had a long call or was making multiple calls at the same time.

Our system cannot cut them off mid-call. It will only prevent them from making future calls once they have hit the limit.

Our limiting is provided on an as-is basis to assist resellers in limiting their fraud exposure, but it designed to be used in additional to manual monitoring since it's not real-time.

Also keep in mind that are limits and stats are based on a calendar month and reset on the 1st.

Submit a ticket if you'd like specific details about the account in question.