PDA

View Full Version : New Feature: Send Faxes

VOIPoTim
03-07-2008, 05:44 AM
We've added a "Send Fax" feature in vPanel which will allow you to upload a document, put in a fax number and have it faxed.

This is NEW and was just put in tonight, so is it very untested and should be considered Alpha.

It "should" work fine, but since it's not been tested much, we'd appreciate all the help we can get with testing it.

After we completely launch, outgoing faxes will be included in your regular fax package. So if your package offers 50 faxes a month, they can be any combination of incoming/outgoing.

You can find this under the Fax Tab - Send Fax. Again, this needs more testing, so please help us out with testing it.

Just put in a 10 digit fax number and upload your file.

Accepted Document Types:

PDF, TIFF, TXT, HTML, CSV, EXCEL .XLS, Microsoft Word .DOC

Some points:

No coverpage is generated. You will need to include your own in your fax if you need one.

With the current implementation, your faxes will all be sent as from "FAX SERVICE" and will NOT show your number in the header.

Jordanlw
03-07-2008, 06:01 AM
Thanks.
Are the packages listed on the thread at the HG forums still accurate?
Or have they changed?.

And the pricing for reselling & information.

VOIPoTim
03-07-2008, 06:02 AM
Thanks.
Are the packages listed on the thread at the HG forums still accurate?
Or have they changed?.

And the pricing for reselling & information.

Yes, the pricing at HG is accurate.

The reseller program won't be launched for a little while. We want to get all the VOIPo services up and running and make sure things are working smoothly before we have you guys offering it.

gbh2o
03-07-2008, 06:52 AM
IM sent regarding phone numbers.

fisamo
03-07-2008, 08:53 AM
One test of a 2-page PDF document this morning--went through very quickly and with excellent quality. Header said 'from FAX service 8883690301'. Will have to play more with other file formats, etc.

gbh2o
03-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Sent 44 page fax to my StanaPhone and received _only_ the last 5 pages with "From Fax Service 18883690301 Page 40 of 44" through last page. Not sure what happened with the first 39

Sent same 44 page fax to my FreeDigits Fax number and received _all_ 44 pages! Yea!

NY Tel Guy
03-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I tested it today and the quality was really great. I sent it to one of those free fax services in Seattle and I received it right away.

Montano
03-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Sent 6 pages without any issues. I'm going to have to give this a shot @ $24/year :)

Will it be only toll-free numbers Tim ?

gbh2o
03-08-2008, 12:21 PM
With the exception of the one weird fax result with StanaPhone, all faxes sent through the upload feature have come through great... even the one I sent to my VOIPo fax number on the carrier account. ;-) Will the outbound fax service be part of having a VOIPo fax number, offered separately or what? Have you set a pricing scheme for that feature yet?

Montano
03-08-2008, 12:37 PM
According to the thread @ Hostgator the price is $4.95/mo or $24/year. This includes a combination of in/out faxes not to exceed 100 faxes/mo. Additional faxes over 100/mo are charged @ 25 cents each.

gbh2o
03-08-2008, 04:22 PM
According to the thread @ Hostgator the price is $4.95/mo or $24/year. This includes a combination of in/out faxes not to exceed 100 faxes/mo. Additional faxes over 100/mo are charged @ 25 cents each.

Thanks, I don't have any reason to go to Hostgator. I think that's consistent with what Tim had forecast here a while back, but then it was only for the inbound. Heck, at $2/mo, for both directions, it'd be hard to pass up!

esl
03-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Will it be only toll-free numbers Tim ?

I was thinking about that too- but what's better about a local FAX number?

Montano
03-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Well my dad is one of those old folks who has no long distance on his POTS line. He uses his cell to make LD calls. He does, however, have a fax machine and likes to send me faxes now and then. I don't know if he can dial an 800 number or not on his home line, so that's why I asked :)

VOIPoTim
03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Local fax numbers are coming at launch, yes. Coverage is similar, but will vary slightly from voice coverage.

esl
03-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Well my dad is one of those old folks who has no long distance on his POTS line. He uses his cell to make LD calls. He does, however, have a fax machine and likes to send me faxes now and then. I don't know if he can dial an 800 number or not on his home line, so that's why I asked :)

Ohh okay. :)

tristatevoip
04-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Send Faxes is that down. Or how long does it take for a fax to go thru.
I sent 2 and they did not recieve the fax at all. on 4/29

VOIPoTim
04-30-2008, 07:47 AM
Send Faxes is that down. Or how long does it take for a fax to go thru.
I sent 2 and they did not recieve the fax at all. on 4/29

No problems with it. PM me the destination number.

Was it a real fax number or a fax service that could have errored out?

I just did a test and faxed myself something.

Montano
04-30-2008, 04:15 PM
I just sent a test fax to my wife @ work. I tried 3 times on Monday, but she never got it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

VOIPoTim
04-30-2008, 04:16 PM
I just sent a test fax to my wife @ work. I tried 3 times on Monday, but she never got it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Let me know if she doesn't get it this time. I can check logs. The earlier issue seemed to be a problem with .tiff files. PDF and other formats worked fine.

Montano
04-30-2008, 04:54 PM
She did not receive the fax. I'll PM you the number.