PDA

View Full Version : remote call placement

mditoro
06-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Hello, is there any way to place a call remotely through the voicemail menu?

For example, suppose my office phone restricts long distance calls. I'd like to be able to dial into my VOIPo voicemail (local call from my office phone), and through some VM commands, place an outgoing call.

Thank you!

gatorsean
06-09-2011, 03:34 PM
That's something google voice can do but I've never know voipo to do this unless you're using a SIP softclient on a computer.

holmes4
06-11-2011, 09:03 AM
I would recommend Google Voice for this - and it makes a great companion to VoIPO service.

GenM0ntana
06-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I would recommend Google Voice for this - and it makes a great companion to VoIPO service.

Could you elaborate and give us all some ideas of integration?

mditoro
06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
My prior VOIP carrier, AT&T CallVantage (rest in peace), had the remote call placement feature and it was very convenient. Using Google Voice would work, however the caller would see the GV number on the caller-id. I'd prefer the GV number to be a "throw-away" number.

biomesh
06-14-2011, 12:31 PM
You could always use an Obi110 or Obi100 as your ATA and call into the Automated Attendant to make outgoing calls from your Voipo line remotely.

holmes4
06-15-2011, 02:07 PM
With Google Voice, you can make a free call to any US domestic phone number through the GV web page (or Gmail). You enter the number you want to call and the number you're at (has to be a registered Google Voice number). GV will call you first and when you pick up and acknowledge, it will dial and ring the destination number.