PDA

View Full Version : Number Porting Issue

vmani
06-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I have been trying to port my number to VOIPO however they have not been able to do it. my existing provider is willing to help however VOIPO is not providing any details so that I can take there help.

Approach of VOIPO is very casual and they have failed to get it done in 3 months

robhouston
06-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow-----3 months is a long time. Who is your current provider?

For what it's worth, my port from CenturyLink has been ongoing for more than a month, and only when I inquired a few days ago, did I get the response that the port was "stuck" with Embarq, and they now have it back on track. When I asked how long it would now be before I'd expect a response, they didn't give me any meaningful timeline.

I have to agree that it's difficult to get much information from Voipo at all.

VOIPoTim
06-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Most ports complete in about a week, but some can take months.

Unfortunately, porting is not perfect and VOIPo has virtually no control over timelines. It's entirely up to the old carrier how quickly they release the number and VOIPo has no direct communication with them at all.
If everything matches up, a number will transfer in about a week. If something does not match, then it has to be handled manually by the carriers and can take a few weeks.

If you have a port that you're not getting information on, it's likely because we don't have any information to provide. It's not a real-time situation where we submit it or have any contact with your old provider...it's all handled between our carrier and your old provider's carrier (if they are not a carrier).

If you think it's been too long, simply ask to have your ticket escalated and a manager can contact our carrier to see if they have any additional information.

If you provide a ticket number, I'm happy to look at your ports to check the status with our carrier.

robhouston
06-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Tim:

Thanks for your offer to check into my port. Here's the ticket number: SZZ-411417 .

I understand that landline ports often take longer, but this port was originally submitted on May 9th.

Thanks,

Rob

robhouston
06-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Okay, I finally received my notice of a port date for next Wednesday.

Tim-----if you had anything to do with it, thanks!

I'm looking forward to getting this finally done.

burris
06-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Okay, I finally received my notice of a port date for next Wednesday.

Tim-----if you had anything to do with it, thanks!

I'm looking forward to getting this finally done.

I would venture a guess that Tim had everything to do with it..

That's what makes VOIPo unique...This man knows how to run a company....

r0h1tp
06-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Tim - I am quickly approaching the end of my 30 day trial period and I cannot seem to get any further info on my port from Vonage. It's been 3 weeks.

My ticket number is OJB-917259.

One other piece of input.. I have a dedicated server with Hostgator and the telephone support is fantastic and exceeds expectations. Voipo leaves a lot to be desired - limited hours and long hold times which I did not expect. However, when I did obtain support either through the telephone or via email, it was excellent.

07-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Tim, Appreciate any assistance you can provide. Ticket ID: TLZ-528911

I have until Tuesday, July 26 to get my number out of Joiphone/Hawk Comm. (on 01 comm, just like you. So far no status, no confirmaton the port request is even submitted and no port date provided.

Porting not satisfying. coming from 01 comm to 01 comm according to your Alex. two weeks and no status.; I'm running out of time and have five days left on my joiphone contract. Level 3 gives date in 4 hours and can port the next business day. Mobile ports within 3 days. I wonder if you can save money by streamlining the porting process to reduce all the support time involved with delayed porting??

VOIPoTim
07-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Tim - I am quickly approaching the end of my 30 day trial period and I cannot seem to get any further info on my port from Vonage. It's been 3 weeks.

Sorry, I didn't see this post originally..e-mail is always best since the forum is meant for casual discussion between users and not always checked thoroughly.

I do show your number ported on 7/5 though.

Tim, Appreciate any assistance you can provide. Ticket ID: TLZ-528911

I have until Tuesday, July 26 to get my number out of Joiphone/Hawk Comm. (on 01 comm, just like you. So far no status, no confirmaton the port request is even submitted and no port date provided.

Porting not satisfying. coming from 01 comm to 01 comm according to your Alex. two weeks and no status.; I'm running out of time and have five days left on my joiphone contract. Level 3 gives date in 4 hours and can port the next business day. Mobile ports within 3 days. I wonder if you can save money by streamlining the porting process to reduce all the support time involved with delayed porting??

We show this is scheduled to port tomorrow which is right in line with our estimate of 10 business days.

VOIPoTim
07-21-2011, 01:34 PM

Sorry, I didn't see this post originally..e-mail is always best since the forum is meant for casual discussion between users and not always checked thoroughly.

I do show your number ported on 7/5 though.

07-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Remarkable, Tim replied IMMEDIATELY and I now have a porting date of Tomorrow!!! A few more Tim's at VOIPo.com and it can overtake ATT in size!! I'm shocked with how Tim is involved. VOIPo is a WOW company!!!