PDA

View Full Version : New Customer Signup

Zach
06-10-2011, 07:41 PM
A few suggestions on the signup process:

Its awkward having a countdown meter for a signup special that for the last 18 hours of the special you can't reach anyone. I'm assuming this special actually resets the meter, but I didn't want to take my chances on that bet.

I signed up, but then realized before submitting, that the billing address must match the address where the ATA adapter is sent. Since my credit cards and bank statements go to my PO Box 100 miles away, that wasn't going to work since I need that ATA at home, so lacking an ability to call within the hours of the 'special' and inability to sign-up, I chose the PayPal option, cause Paypal is designed to deal with both addresses.

It would have been nice to have been able to chose my DID number, I noticed in the demo, I could see the available DID numbers, had I been adding a Virtual Number for my area, so the code is already there to support it, but the signup page seems to be missing that capability.

Otherwise, I'm excited at the opportunity to have a real VOIP provider again as I've been limping along with GoogleVoice/GrandCentral since Sunrocket's demise (loss of Gizmo started me looking again). I'm a bit wary to jump on annual prepaid contracts (+1) since that time.

VOIPoTim
07-11-2011, 07:51 PM
A few suggestions on the signup process:

Its awkward having a countdown meter for a signup special that for the last 18 hours of the special you can't reach anyone. I'm assuming this special actually resets the meter, but I didn't want to take my chances on that bet.

I signed up, but then realized before submitting, that the billing address must match the address where the ATA adapter is sent. Since my credit cards and bank statements go to my PO Box 100 miles away, that wasn't going to work since I need that ATA at home, so lacking an ability to call within the hours of the 'special' and inability to sign-up, I chose the PayPal option, cause Paypal is designed to deal with both addresses.

It would have been nice to have been able to chose my DID number, I noticed in the demo, I could see the available DID numbers, had I been adding a Virtual Number for my area, so the code is already there to support it, but the signup page seems to be missing that capability.

Otherwise, I'm excited at the opportunity to have a real VOIP provider again as I've been limping along with GoogleVoice/GrandCentral since Sunrocket's demise (loss of Gizmo started me looking again). I'm a bit wary to jump on annual prepaid contracts (+1) since that time.

Welcome to VOIPo!

In terms of billing address...

There's a huge amount of fraud with VoIP so we have to have some things to protect us like only shipping to the credit card billing address to help cut down on fraud. That alone cuts way down and it also guarantees that we get a signature from someone at the billing address so that we can use that signature if there is ever a credit card chargeback/dispute. If we obtained a signature from a different address, the credit card company wouldn't accept it.

In terms of number selection....

We actually see MUCH higher conversions (sales) when we only show the city/state. We've tested it both ways and it's always the same result. I believe this has to do with some people overanalyzing things if they don't see a number they like or something along those lines. Ultimate users hitting the order form are significantly more likely to order when we don't show numbers, so that's why it's like that.