PDA

View Full Version : "Sent From" Number in Fax

caseydoug
06-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Can I add a "Sent From" number in /Features/Fax? I see a drop down box, which lists my primary number (and would probably list a clone if I had one), but is there way to verify and add a number as there is with /Beta/Mobile?

Alternatively, I suppose I could use the BetaFax feature, which appears to allow numbers to be added. Can someone comment on the differences between fax and betafax? Thanks.

usa2k
06-20-2011, 04:27 PM
... but is there way to verify and add a number as there is with /Beta/Mobile?

...Sounds like a great idea! :)

Maybe the can add it? ... to just allow the Beta Mobile numbers.

caseydoug
06-21-2011, 02:18 AM
In order to verify a fax number, they would have to send the verification code as a fax rather than a voice call or text message.

Right now, however, I'm noticing a bigger problem. When I try to add a mobile number, I click "Add Mobile Number," and the number just disappears. I'll try a different browser in case it is a java thing.

Edit: Nope, I tried it in IE8 and had the same problem. Couldn't add a mobile number.

holmes4
06-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Support told me to always use the "Beta" version.

caseydoug
06-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Support told me to always use the "Beta" version.Did they say why?

holmes4
06-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Something about a different provider they were using. However, this may have been related to my purchasing an incoming fax line option. I had been unsuccessful sending faxes from the regular fax menu and was told to use the BetaFax page instead.