PDA

View Full Version : Calls straight to voicemail

claganga
07-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I use asterisk and not a T/A and it's been working without fail. The problem I'm having is I keep getting voicemails from a telemarketer, "SECURITY OT " 7016611006, in my VOIPO VM box. All calls should fail over to my asterisk VM, the only time they go to VOIPO VM is when asterisk is unreachable. At first I thought I was dropping registration but after monitoring asterisks and placing random inbound test call throughout the day I have no issue. Now I'm thinking the telemarketer is going straight to VM without ringing the line.

My question is has anyone with T/A gotten a VM from that number and if so did your line ring or did a VM just appear?

Thanks
Chris

tritch
07-12-2011, 01:03 PM
It's possible that this number has been reported as telemarketer via vPanel's "Tele Block" reporting tool. If so, and you have "Telemarketer Block" enabled in the Features tab, then the call will go straight to Voipo's voicemail before reaching the ATA or Asterisk. The solution would be to just disable this option in vPanel.

Another possible cause would be that an inbound call route rule has been setup that you may be unaware of or have forgotten about. You might want to verify via vPanel->Features tab->Call Routes.