PDA

View Full Version : Location/Alias in Contact

sbradshaw
03-12-2008, 10:38 AM
I've been playing around with the Caller ID that comes in when using contacts. I noticed that there is currently no ability to change a Location/Alias without removing and re-adding the entire location record. I would like to suggest adding in a way to modify the record.

Also, related to this, I like the way it appends the Location/Alias to the Caller ID that gets sent to the phone. But I'm wondering if the spaces placed around the "-" symbol are necessary though, given the Caller ID is already limited to 15 characters. If the spaces are taken out, it frees up 2 more characters for the Caller ID display. Just a thought.

VOIPoTim
03-12-2008, 10:44 AM
I've been playing around with the Caller ID that comes in when using contacts. I noticed that there is currently no ability to change a Location/Alias without removing and re-adding the entire location record. I would like to suggest adding in a way to modify the record.

Also, related to this, I like the way it appends the Location/Alias to the Caller ID that gets sent to the phone. But I'm wondering if the spaces placed around the "-" symbol are necessary though, given the Caller ID is already limited to 15 characters. If the spaces are taken out, it frees up 2 more characters for the Caller ID display. Just a thought.

Good points. These should be easy fixes.

We're also adding the ability to add the phone number when you first add the contact instead of leaving it as a two step process.

Also dropping the address stuff I think.