PDA

View Full Version : VOIPo Express = Incoming Only ?

Montano
03-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Will there be any options to purchase outbound minutes with an Express account, or is outbound reserved for Residential accounts only ? I assume that e911/taxes/fees come into play, but I was just curious.

VOIPoBrandon
03-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Hello Montano, VOIPo Express as far as I know will be inbound only. However, we do have a Carrier VoIP solution, which is essentially Express + Outbound + E911. Perhaps Tim can comment more on this, thanks!
________
VOYEUR MASTURBATION (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1156/masturbation/videos/1)

VOIPoTim
03-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Nope. Express is just an inbound service. We mainly designed it for HostGator because a large chunk of their customers showed interest in standalone toll-free numbers, etc.

They may not want to use VoIP even so we didn't want to make SIP the default. That's why you notice it asks for the PSTN number to forward to. Express is mainly just designed as a fowarding service really and is geared towards users of services like Kall8.

The carrier service will have the same core services and pricing, but is just the "advanced" verison of this. It allows you to create registration users, and things along those lines. It also offers outbound calling/termination and E911 services. It's basically a "complete" set of services that someone would need for an Asterisk server or to run a VoIP service in general.

I'll be honest that carrier isn't a huge development priority now, but we have some plans for it once everything else is situated (like an API).

The good news is that we've structured things so with only a few minor changes, we'll be able to toggle carrier/express for your accounts. So it's more like an "advanced" view and not really a completely different service.

Montano
03-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Would you be able to set me up to 'toggle' carrier/express ? I'd like to test it out for a while. I do have an express account, but no carrier account yet.

VOIPoTim
03-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Would you be able to set me up to 'toggle' carrier/express ? I'd like to test it out for a while. I do have an express account, but no carrier account yet.

Toggle portion isn't up yet, but 2 separate accounts is fine if you want to play with both. We can manually move numbers from one account to the other.