PDA

View Full Version : e911 Available via BYOD devices?

enelson493
01-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Happy new year to all!

I'm a happy, long time VOIPo customer that has recently started using the BYOD feature a lot. I just want to confirm that the e911 feature works from the BYOD devices, same as the ATA's provided by VOIPo? In my case, the BYOD device is located in the same physical location that the VOIPo ATA is registered at. I live in a state where we are not permitted to make test calls to 911 so I figured I would ask here instead.

Thanks!

Eric

VOIPoTim
01-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Yes, but it passes the address setup for the account under the E911 section in the control panel regardless of what device is used or where it's used. So if you have a BYOD device and take it somewhere else, it would still route to the one setup in the control panel.

enelson493
01-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Yes, but it passes the address setup for the account under the E911 section in the control panel regardless of what device is used or where it's used. So if you have a BYOD device and take it somewhere else, it would still route to the one setup in the control panel.

Thanks Tim, that is exactly what I would expect to happen. Good to have the piece of mind just in case :)

Eric