PDA

View Full Version : Call Logs

Hollywood
01-02-2014, 07:42 PM
HI,

I have been with VOIPo about a month and things look professional and seem to work well, but I have an issue with the Call Logs. Since I have Simul Ring setup, all of my incoming calls are listed twice. I can only answer from one of the devices, so it should only list one entry. Even if you log all placed and entered calls in the log, both numbers shouldn't show the full length of the call. It is very annoying, and looks like you are double billing for users that use Simul Ring. You state there is a 5000 minute limit per month. If you are adding all of the minutes in my call log, I would reach the limit in half of the time. If not, at minimum, it's just sloppy.

Also, I got a telemarketer call this morning, and I blacklisted the number. They must have tried again tonight, and you properly blocked the call and listed it in the call log. It would be nice if there was some sort of indication like a "*" to indicate the call was blocked. Perhaps an alternate indication to show if the number was blocked because of my blacklist or the community blacklist.

So far I am happy with the service! Simul Ring and ability to block telemarketers are the features I find the most important. I hope you consider my comments and can improve the call logs.

Thanks!

VOIPoTim
01-03-2014, 10:50 AM
With a forwarded call or a simul-ring call, it's actually 2 calls which is why it's listed twice. There's no way to just hand it off to another number (the destination one). All forwarded/simul-ring calls are actually the incoming call + an additional outgoing call to the destination number and we simply bridge them.

Sorry for any confusion. That's actually how all call forwarding works but it's often done behind the scenes...it's not something specific to VOIPo. We're just including the full details.

Hollywood
01-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks for your reply.