PDA

View Full Version : Both my phone lines are down

Ansextra
02-12-2014, 11:21 AM
I have 2 phone lines with Voipo and can not dial out or receive calls on either one. This just happened within the last hour. One line intermittently can dial out but when I tried calling from my mobile phone I just got a fast busy. I tried calling support but was told everyone was busy and to call back later. Online chat is down as well.
Is this happening to anyone else?

VOIPoTim
02-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Yes, we're currently experiencing outages impacting part of our customer base.

Please see for http://www.twitter.com/voipo updates.

Ansextra
02-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Thank you Tim.
With both lines down this is extremely inconvenient.

babaganoosh
02-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Part of the customer base...

I have 2 lines - not working.
3 others I recommended to voipo - not working

And worse, incoming calls don't get voicemail, they get 'your call can't be completed, please try again later'.

The savings are great, and yeah, this is the 1st outage in a (long?) while, but frustrating. They can use cell for outgoing calls, but incoming calls are getting lost - no logging that someone called, no voicemail....

Hard to defend non-techs that are questioning the beauty of VOIP. Is it wrong to say 'yeah, pay more, get POTS and know it's more reliable?'

babaganoosh
02-12-2014, 11:31 AM
That link to voipo.com/twitter just takes us to an info page about the service, not the twitter feed.

Ansextra
02-12-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm in NJ and I see people on Twitter saying they are down in Colorado as well. Must be a huge network hit.

VOIPoTim
02-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Everything should be resolved now.

VOIPoTim
02-12-2014, 11:57 AM
That link to voipo.com/twitter just takes us to an info page about the service, not the twitter feed.

Sorry, I mistyped. The correct URL is http://www.twitter.com/voipo and we always post any network issue updates there.

Ansextra
02-12-2014, 12:22 PM
I can confirm that both my lines are currently working fine.

Thank you.

burris
02-12-2014, 12:51 PM
All is well here, but I am curious..

I'm pretty positive that I have been in the world of telephony longer than any of you...this doesn't make me smarter, just more experienced.

Does anyone really think that any service, especially internet related is 100% foolproof. Never will be so. Even back in my POTS days, there were outages and you only heard about them from those that were affected.

I am truly amazed and pleased with what Tim has accomplished from when this all started. In South Florida, the mighty AT&T has outages quite frequently....both on U-verse--internet and their internet phone service-as does Comcast.
I know since my friends knowing where I come from, constantly call me to ask about the problems they are having.

I can't remember the last time VOIPo went down, except for a glitch now and then and remember...there are many routing components in play for all providers.

No, I don't work for VOIPo but if I were 50 years younger, I sure would apply.

Ansextra
02-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Not sure what your point is as I certainly didn't badmouth Voipo. I currently work in telecommunications and have for many years and do understand circuit issues. If what ended up being a one hour outage bothered me that much I'd be shopping around for a replacement provider as we speak. Once you switch your phone service to internet these are the risks you take. It is an issue, however, that people calling the down number did not go to the failover phone and either got a fast busy or a recording. Also, there is no way to check the call history to see what calls were missed during the outage. That is a problem.
Am I satisfied with Voipo? Absolutely! I've referred people here before and will continue to do so.

burris
02-12-2014, 06:33 PM
My post wasn't meant to be personal...sorry.

I suspect that if the network is down and the calls can't reach the VOIPo servers, the feature groups like failover or CDR could not work.

Ansextra
02-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Not a problem.

Calls not reaching the servers is a definite issue. There really should be some sort of fallback in place so calls aren't missed.

VOIPoTim
02-13-2014, 01:28 PM
All is well here, but I am curious..

I'm pretty positive that I have been in the world of telephony longer than any of you...this doesn't make me smarter, just more experienced.

Does anyone really think that any service, especially internet related is 100% foolproof. Never will be so. Even back in my POTS days, there were outages and you only heard about them from those that were affected.

I am truly amazed and pleased with what Tim has accomplished from when this all started. In South Florida, the mighty AT&T has outages quite frequently....both on U-verse--internet and their internet phone service-as does Comcast.
I know since my friends knowing where I come from, constantly call me to ask about the problems they are having.

I can't remember the last time VOIPo went down, except for a glitch now and then and remember...there are many routing components in play for all providers.

No, I don't work for VOIPo but if I were 50 years younger, I sure would apply.

Thanks Burris!

We're not perfect and can't be 100%, but we definitely try.

Thank you for your continued business and the kind words in your post! It's always good to hear positive feedback.