PDA

View Full Version : Incoming calls are not working

Pyz01
07-21-2011, 09:35 PM
When I received an incoming call, I answer and get a fast busy. Outgoing calls are working. On the other end, the caller never hears me pick-up -- they just see the their phone continue to ring. Ayyone know how to fix this?

Currently, current configuration is Cable-Modem --- Grandstream --- direct connect to computer.

Anyone who can help would be appreciated.

Ken

Pyz01
07-22-2011, 10:06 AM
To All

FYI -- Last night I made a small change to my account and it seems to have corrected the problem. It seems if you have VOICE MAIL turned off - the system did not like it - and incoming calls were being dropped. As soon as I changed it to VOICE MAIL ENABLED the system reset itself for my account and worked.

A little trick here -- since I have my own voice mail -- I enabled it but placed it on 7 rings. This way, my personal voice mail will pickup before it gets to 7 rings. All appears to be well now. FYI for others - if you have issues.

Ken

chpalmer
07-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Ken- Curious what kind of cable modem your using? Who is your ISP...

Pyz01
07-23-2011, 02:34 PM
chpalmer

I have a ZOOM cable modem. My ISP is COX communincations. They say they can see my Grandstream device on the network and my internet connection is currently working fine. Outgloing calls are fine. All incoming calls have a fast busy again once I installled a new wireless router. Awating help from VIOPo support.

chpalmer
07-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Is the Zoom a model Model 5350 or a 41 series?

The 5350 is a router device also.

Pyz01
07-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Zoom Cable Modem Series 1051; Model 5241

Ken

Pyz01
07-23-2011, 10:16 PM
OK

Status as of 9:10 PST -- all incoming calls are now working.

So it appears -- since I am unaware of any changes made by anyone -- that once I added a new router -- it took about 1/2 a day for the System to update and now incoming calls are working. Not sure why it takes 1/2 day for Voipo system to update -- but I am OK since everything seems to be working.

Ken