PDA

View Full Version : Softphone troubleshooting

ECastle
05-12-2014, 08:25 AM
I signed up with Voipo about two weeks ago, ported my number. Having trouble setting up x-LITE. It worked perfect the first time I tried it, great sound quality. But now, it won't connect. It seems to hang on "enabling account, please wait." After a few minutes it goes to "account failed to enable." I signed up for a 30 the trial at Vestalink, which worked fine, but they couldn't port my phone number. So, decided to try another softphone, microSIP, which loads and starts just fine, but the sound quality is very bad (choppy). Also tried 3cx, but it won't even attempt to connect. I have double checked and triple checked all of the SIP credentials, have uninstalled and reinstalled the programs. I would greatly appreciate if anybody can offer a suggestion on getting either x-lite or 3cx to work.

VOIPoTim
05-12-2014, 12:55 PM
I signed up with Voipo about two weeks ago, ported my number. Having trouble setting up x-LITE. It worked perfect the first time I tried it, great sound quality. But now, it won't connect. It seems to hang on "enabling account, please wait." After a few minutes it goes to "account failed to enable." I signed up for a 30 the trial at Vestalink, which worked fine, but they couldn't port my phone number. So, decided to try another softphone, microSIP, which loads and starts just fine, but the sound quality is very bad (choppy). Also tried 3cx, but it won't even attempt to connect. I have double checked and triple checked all of the SIP credentials, have uninstalled and reinstalled the programs. I would greatly appreciate if anybody can offer a suggestion on getting either x-lite or 3cx to work.

Contact our support and they can help verify the SIP credentials and X-Lite config with you.

ECastle
05-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Contact our support and they can help verify the SIP credentials and X-Lite config with you.

My SIP credentials are fine, it seems to be something with the softphone programs, not sure if voipo would offer support for a program that isn't theirs. Was hoping another customer had experienced similar problems and was able to find a solution.

RegGuy
05-27-2014, 08:16 PM
X-lite does work with Voipo. I used it prior to moving to Bria. You need to contact support and have them reset your connection.

Go to voipo.com. login with your phone number and password. Go to the connected devices. When I had problems I had multiple connections and it didn't work.

Support is terrific, they'll help you get it straightened around. Be careful how you exit and reboot your machine. I stopped having it automatically connect as that seemed to cause most of my issues. After two years I've got a hard phone (Cisco) connected up with a Plantronics headset for handsfree.

Best of luck!

Joe

ECastle
05-27-2014, 08:55 PM
X-lite does work with Voipo. I used it prior to moving to Bria. You need to contact support and have them reset your connection.

Go to voipo.com. login with your phone number and password. Go to the connected devices. When I had problems I had multiple connections and it didn't work.

Support is terrific, they'll help you get it straightened around. Be careful how you exit and reboot your machine. I stopped having it automatically connect as that seemed to cause most of my issues. After two years I've got a hard phone (Cisco) connected up with a Plantronics headset for handsfree.

Best of luck!

Joe
Don't see connected devices after logging in. If it matters, have a cloud account, strictly softphone.

ECastle
06-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Finally resolved the problem, changed the transport to TCP.