PDA

View Full Version : Drop Grandstream for whole house SIP adapter?

mr19
07-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Question for the experts. Having problems with my Grandstream (incoming straight to voicemail, outgoing doesn't work) but my softphone clients (CSipSimple on Android) continue to work fine at home.

Prior to these problems I had my Grandstream connected to the house pots and all our regular phones continued to work just as before the switch to voipo. Is there any type of hardware device I can drop in at home that will act as a softphone/sip adapter to my house pots?

TIA.

Red Hazard
08-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Question for the experts. Having problems with my Grandstream (incoming straight to voicemail, outgoing doesn't work) but my softphone clients (CSipSimple on Android) continue to work fine at home.

Prior to these problems I had my Grandstream connected to the house pots and all our regular phones continued to work just as before the switch to voipo. Is there any type of hardware device I can drop in at home that will act as a softphone/sip adapter to my house pots?

TIA.

The reason no one has answered is because your question/statement is confusing. When you switched to VOIPo was it from another VOIP provider or was it the TELCO? When you connected the GS ATA to you house wiring, was it disconnected at the NID? If not the TELCO voltage could have fried your ATA. Anyway, it sounds like your ATA is not working or it is not set up properly. IF you provide definitive information and the troubleshooting you have done, you will probably get the regulars to help you out. BTW, if the GS ATA belongs to VOIPo, they will tell you that they do not support that configuration (homewiring) and that it could have harmed the GS ATA. That is why I switched to BYOD.