PDA

View Full Version : New user - want to wire line one to the house

sodak
07-24-2011, 08:55 PM
I have a question. Can I wire "line one" to my home phone wire closet. I had a phone system through my cable TV Internet operator and cancelled it.

The box they gave me was wired into the closet, and I disconnected it. I tried connecting line one from the VOIPO box to
the wall connector and used a phone in the house connected to another wall connection. It didn't work. Is there a FAQ or something I can do to get this to work?

Thx!

holmes4
07-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Sure - many people do this. I do. I simply connect the phone adapter "Line 1" to one of the phone jacks in my house, and all the other phones then see it. Be sure to disconnect your house's phone wiring from any external phone signal source.

algair29
07-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi sodak i think you have a double wires is you house most of the times this can be fix if you go to the main box outside the house and connect the wires to make one single line for the whole house , open the box outside the house and just connect red with red yellow with yellow green and green etc. colors may be different, but all you have to do is connect the wires by colors and once you done; connect line one from the voipo box in one the of the house phone outlets, the line will work on the entire house DO NOT connect line two on any of the house phone outlets , you have to connet the second line in a phone by it self better if is a multiline phone so you can have that second line avalaible in other parts of the house

sodak
07-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try and report back!