PDA

View Full Version : Linksys SPA3102 Settings

TecnoAO
10-02-2014, 05:58 PM
I tried plugging my grandstream adapter into my house wiring (no longer attached to outside phone wiring) and it didn't work out well. Not surprised since the Voipo folks warn you to NEVER TRY IT! It worked, but I could here static and interference on the line. This lead me to purchase the Linksys SPA3102, the original and not a knock-off. The original costs on average $59. and can be identified by clear horizontal ventilation holes along the sides that keep it from over heating. Whereas the knock-offs have fake vents that are closed and are usually sold at a reduced cost.
Anyway, I'm really happy with the purchase. It works great! It took a lot of research and trial and error with the settings, but I think I have everything nailed down. Here are the settings I had to change from their defaults:

Voice
Admin Login
Advanced

SIP

Set the following options:
RTP Packet Size: 0.020
G729b Codec Name: G729
G729a Codec Name: G729

Submit all changes

Line 1

Proxy: sip.voipwelcome.com
Use outbound proxy: no
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: no
User ID:
Password:
Proxy Redundancy Method: Based on SRV Port
Preferred Codec: G729a
Dial Plan:
(123S0 | 011[2-9]x.S5 | 1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 | [2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 | [2-9]11S0 | *xx )

Submit all changes

Regional

Ring Waveform: Sinusoid
Time Zone: GMT-05:00 (For East Coast)
Daylight Saving Time Rule: start=3/8/7;end=11/1/7;save=1

Submit all changes

================================================== ==========

The only problem I've come across is when I use the feature *67, which hides your caller ID one time only. It hides it permanently until you use feature *68. I believe the Dial plan string may need some more tweaking. I called and asked Voipo what they used for the dial plan string, and they were tight lipped :mad:.

Other than that it has been working flawlessly for me.

If anyone has anything to add, I'm all ears.

Thanks.