PDA

View Full Version : Grandstream GXP-2000 Setup Help

mdbrow10
10-03-2014, 01:57 PM
I recently paid for the VOIPo service. They sent my adapter and I plugged it into my router, went to Softphone/BYOD tab, enabled Softphone.

I then put the credentials into Account 1 of my Grandstream Device Configuration portal, but I can't figure out how to get it to register correctly.

Under Status Tab:
Account 2 Not Registered
Account 3 Not Registered
Account 4 Not Registered

Under Account 1 Tab:
Account Name: VOIPo (e.g., MyCompany)
SIP Server: sip.voipwelcome.com (e.g., sip.mycompany.com, or IP address)
Outbound Proxy: (e.g., proxy.myprovider.com, or IP address)
SIP User ID: 9197415016 (the user part of an SIP address)
Authenticate ID: 9197415016 (can be same or different from SIP UserID)
Authenticate Password: *Entered correctly but I'm not displaying it.* (not displayed for security protection)

SIP Registration is marked YES

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I have a lot more info that I can share, but I'm not sure what's relevant.
Thanks in advance!

chpalmer
10-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Account Name: VOIPo (e.g., MyCompany)
SIP Server: sip.voipwelcome.com or sip7.voipwelcome.com whichever works better for you.
Outbound Proxy: (Blank unless you use one. Siprox is one such. Some devices will proxy SIP for you. Most likely blank)
SIP User ID: 9197415016 (Your Phone Number)
Authenticate ID: 9197415016 (Try your phone number or leave blank whichever works)
Authenticate Password: (ok)

mdbrow10
10-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks so much. I'm not sure which part fixed it, but I switched to sip7.voipwelcome.com and I removed the Authenticate ID and now it works.

chevyman
10-15-2014, 05:08 PM
Thanks so much. I'm not sure which part fixed it, but I switched to sip7.voipwelcome.com and I removed the Authenticate ID and now it works.

the no proxy did it. all you need is these settings:

SIP Server : sip.voipwelcome.com
SIP User ID : phone number
SIP Authentication ID : phone number
SIP Authentication Password : password
Voice Mail UserID : 123

Also if you don't want to get phantom calls use a different port other than 5060 & 5061

chpalmer
10-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Also if you don't want to get phantom calls use a different port other than 5060 & 5061

Or use a real firewall on your network that you can block everyone else except Voipo out.