PDA

View Full Version : Obi pre-configured Voipo vs Generic

Ansextra
12-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Is there a difference between configuring my Obi202 as a generic provider vs using the pre-configured Voipo config? I have 2 Voipo lines. Is the pre-configured Voipo touching any settings that the generic config is not?

VOIPoTim
12-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Is there a difference between configuring my Obi202 as a generic provider vs using the pre-configured Voipo config? I have 2 Voipo lines. Is the pre-configured Voipo touching any settings that the generic config is not?

No, it's basically the same settings...just pre-populated to make it easier.

Ansextra
12-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Thank you Tim. That's what I thought but wanted to be sure.

GeekJedi
03-31-2015, 04:58 PM
Hmm. I'm not getting VM notifications using the VoIPo config from Obitalk. Am I missing something?

Ansextra
03-31-2015, 06:04 PM
Try not using the VOIPO config and entering your information manually. I believe the standard Obi config automatically enables MWI (message waiting indicator). Otherwise you need to go to Obi Expert config -> Voice Service ->SP1 (assuming your device is on SP1) -> Calling Features -> Enable MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable. To enable them you need to remove the check marks already there in order to make changes. If they are already enabled then you may have other issues.
Good luck!

GeekJedi
03-31-2015, 06:19 PM
Thanks - I'll give that a shot.

For anyone else who goes this route (I got hung up at this step) you need to "uncheck" the "device default" boxes, then submit. Then you can go back and check those options and submit again. I was doing it all at the same time, and it wasn't "taking". I had to do each step on it's own for it to work. Now to go call myself to see if it works... ;-)

GeekJedi
03-31-2015, 06:34 PM
And, nada.

I'll have to play around a bit more with it. I get voicemail emailed to me, so it's no big deal. Would be nice to have it working though.

GeekJedi
04-01-2015, 06:24 AM
Alright...got it sorted out. I had selected "Enable MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable" along with "Enable MWIEnable2 and X_VMWIEnable2". Selecting Enable MWIEnable2 and X_VMWIEnable2" broke it. :-)

Disabled those and everything appears to be working.

Ansextra
04-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Yes, Enable MWIEnable2 and X_VMWIEnable2 are not checked on my setup nor did I suggest checking them... :p

Glad to hear everything is working though... :)

GeekJedi
04-01-2015, 10:13 AM
No you sure didn't. I just channeled Commander Clicky and went to town. Documented my stupidity in the hopes that others don't follow in my footsteps. ;-)

Ansextra
04-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Actually I seem to recall doing the same thing and getting the same results as you... There are so many settings on the Obi I've learned that for my level of knowledge minimal changes work best unless advised otherwise.

burris
06-18-2015, 05:47 AM
After years of success with my PAP2, for some unknown, crazy reason, I decided to buy an OBi202.
It's a huge overkill for me as I really only wanted another ATA backup for my PAP2 & flaky Grandstream 502.
Instead I got a monster that with the VOIPo config, has caused an inconvenience. I wouldn't think of using their bundled router and don't need the OBiTalk or PBX or Google Voice.

My problem is that in the past when I had to dial extra digits on a call, I was able to redial later and call went through. Now, any extra digit other than a 1 before, does not connect.
I contacted OBi support and asked how to either correct their dial plan or to allow me to replace the generic plan with the one from my PAP2.

The first answer from them was that the OBi cannot program the extra digit problem and the answer to the dial plan replacement was..."we don't know how to do that...look in the OBi forum for answers."
That was the end of the conversation. I suppose their setup has to be this complex in order to achieve all the features they offer.
At my stage in life, all I want to do is talk and listen and have no desire to explore new frontiers.

Maybe I will put the 3 week old OBi on ebay and find another PAP2 unlocked and let it ride on my original non-BYOD service like my other one.