PDA

View Full Version : audio dropping after 15 minutes

RockyBB
04-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I was listening to a conference call this morning, and after 15 minutes I could no longer hear the call. This happened twice this morning ... I noticed this for the past few weeks, but was watching the clock today...

dswartz
04-01-2008, 10:39 AM
sounds like a NAT issue?

myvoip07
04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
sounds like a NAT issue?
I am having the same issue. By the way i am using PAP2 v1 with SPA1001 f/w ver 3.1.10. Is there any setting in PAP2 i need to change? Haven't had a chance to tweak setting again after i reload the f/w on the pap2 recently, it was working fine before.

What NAT setting need to change?

dswartz
04-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Sorry, I don't know. My voipo runs on the gateway, so NAT is not an issue. But whenever I hear things like "exactly N minutes...", I instantly suspect NAT.

VOIPoTim
04-01-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm not seeing this on our Grandstream units, but if it's happening for multiple people, it could be an issue somewhere. I'll mention it and have someone take a look to see if they can find anything.

Brian
04-02-2008, 03:23 AM
I had the same issue last weekend. I am NAT'ing with my PAP2, but ports for it are all forwarded.

dswartz
04-02-2008, 06:08 AM
port forwarding should not have anything to do with NAT timeouts (I don't think so, anyway...)

RockyBB
04-09-2008, 12:38 PM
happened to me again yesterday on my Tuesday morning conference call. if anyone at voipo is checking logs, the call was to phone number 404-920-64XX

RockyBB
04-10-2008, 10:34 AM
did it to me again today (Thursday) on my call to 303-663-25XX.

myvoip07
04-10-2008, 12:10 PM
did it to me again today (Thursday) on my call to 303-663-25XX.
Is it happening only on some calls or all calls which are > 15mins?
I have also noticed that after 15mins it disconnects mine also.

Incoming seems to be fine, problems with outgoing some sort.

By the way i did a test with FWD-FWD and it was fine for more then 25min's

I did a incoming test for more then 20 min's and it worked fine. Here is what i did. From Grand Central webcall called my Ipkall# which is forward to my FWD# on 1st pap2 and GC# is forwarded to ring my voipo# on other pap2.

VOIPoTim
04-10-2008, 12:12 PM
We're looking into this, but not able to replicate it with our equipment. Is anyone here using Grandstream having the issue?

It seems like everyone with the issue is using PAP2s so far, right?

myvoip07
04-10-2008, 12:32 PM
We're looking into this, but not able to replicate it with our equipment. Is anyone here using Grandstream having the issue?

It seems like everyone with the issue is using PAP2s so far, right?
Yup, atleast me. I will test using X-lite or Express Talk softphone sometime today or during the weekend and report back.

fisamo
04-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Most of my calls have been less than 15 mins, because I'm the only one to use the line most of the time. But over the past few days, our primary service has been through the Carrier system with an Asterisk user agent. No disconnect issues there that I've noticed (my wife surely would have told me! :eek: )

RockyBB
04-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Did it to me two more times today, once on my call to 801-349-94XX and once on the call to 303-280-33XX. these are outgoing calls that I make, and the symptom is that I cannot hear the called party after 15 minutes of call duration -- they can hear me fine. I've got the VOIPO-provided PAP2 -- and don't have this problem with the other VOIP providers.

VOIPoTim
04-10-2008, 08:11 PM
So that we can confirm this is isolated to the PAP2s, can both of you PM me an address to send a Grandstream unit to?

We have a slew of problems like this with the Linksys devices when we were originally testing them and I think this can easily be resolved by swapping them out. There's just not really anything on our end with a timer like that so I'm pretty sure it's device related.

This way we can be sure to see if it resolves it or if it's a larger issue to look at.

-Tim

Did it to me two more times today, once on my call to 801-349-94XX and once on the call to 303-280-33XX. these are outgoing calls that I make, and the symptom is that I cannot hear the called party after 15 minutes of call duration -- they can hear me fine. I've got the VOIPO-provided PAP2 -- and don't have this problem with the other VOIP providers.

Is it happening only on some calls or all calls which are > 15mins?
I have also noticed that after 15mins it disconnects mine also.

Incoming seems to be fine, problems with outgoing some sort.

By the way i did a test with FWD-FWD and it was fine for more then 25min's

I did a incoming test for more then 20 min's and it worked fine. Here is what i did. From Grand Central webcall called my Ipkall# which is forward to my FWD# on 1st pap2 and GC# is forwarded to ring my voipo# on other pap2.

myvoip07
04-10-2008, 08:48 PM
So that we can confirm this is isolated to the PAP2s, can both of you PM me an address to send a Grandstream unit to?

We have a slew of problems like this with the Linksys devices when we were originally testing them and I think this can easily be resolved by swapping them out. There's just not really anything on our end with a timer like that so I'm pretty sure it's device related.

This way we can be sure to see if it resolves it or if it's a larger issue to look at.

-Tim
PM with mailing address as requested..

gbh2o
04-11-2008, 04:55 AM

-Tim
I thought this sounded familiar. It sounds like the same 15 minute problem I was reporting about having with the Zoom back 24Sep07! I was _not_ having it with the asterisk-based number, so it appeared related to equipment then.

VOIPoTim
04-24-2008, 01:57 PM
So far this has worked for RockyBB and also cleared up an issue he posted about a while back with problems recording VM messages.

Once we sent him a Grandstream ATA things immediately cleared up.

myvoip07 - Did you receive yours yet?

darylo
04-25-2008, 11:15 AM

I just started having this exact same issue. What has changed? Also If I hurry and click flash or talk button on phone it will allow us to continue the conversation. This has just started and I'm using a pap2 also.

myvoip07
04-25-2008, 09:55 PM

Yes, i received it and configured very early this morning and did a test call after 9:30pm today for more then 15mins but less then 1/2 hr and it worked fine with HT286.

VOIPoTim
04-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Are you guys still problem-free now?

So far this has worked for RockyBB and also cleared up an issue he posted about a while back with problems recording VM messages.

RockyBB
04-29-2008, 03:21 PM
I think the replacement adapter did the trick. thanks! what do I do with your PAP2?

fisamo
04-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I think the replacement adapter did the trick. thanks! what do I do with your PAP2?

Give it to me. :p (I asked first!)

myvoip07
04-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks, the new HT adapter fixed the problem. No audio drops after 15min's.

NY Tel Guy
04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Give it to me. :p (I asked first!)
Ok you take the Pap and I'll request a Grandstream if there are any lying around in the pile after the carnage.....

This is Post 2 2 2 for me. This is a milestone.