PDA

View Full Version : Hide deleted spammer threads?

Mike_TV
08-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Is there any way to hide the deleted spammer threads? I stepped through my profile settings and didn't see anything related to that. Maybe the mods can just hide deleted threads on their end?

chpalmer
08-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Is there any way to hide the deleted spammer threads? I stepped through my profile settings and didn't see anything related to that. Maybe the mods can just hide deleted threads on their end?

There is still a bunch of non deleted threads on here also that should go away. Makes things look messy and un-moderated...

usa2k
08-18-2011, 08:03 PM
I am recently empowered to help too. I am learning the tools and starting to get the hang of it :)

VOIPoTim
08-19-2011, 12:32 AM
We're going to be appointing more moderators soon.

If anyone has free time and is willing to help keep the forums clean, send me a PM and I'll add you to the list of those interested in helping out.

chpalmer
08-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Awesome! With our forum we run it took close to two years to slow down the influx of spammers after we ignored the member list for a number of years.

The bots are quite sophisticated. Too bad the authors don't go help a worthy cause and help MS fix Windows... :p

zevin
08-31-2011, 10:58 PM

Was this answered yet?

Why am I seeing deleted threads?

usa2k
09-01-2011, 03:46 AM
Was this answered yet?

If you have an example of a thread you can see says deleted, can you give a link?
With my permissions, I see them all. I've looked without logging in and both Moderated, and Deleted do not show.
There are a few ways to deal with spam.

Mike_TV
09-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Was this answered yet?

Not answered yet and I still see deleted threads. I took a snip of what I'm seeing but it doesn't appear that the forums allow me to attach a picture to this thread.

zevin
09-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Yah, I ran into the picture issue when working on my how to guides. File upload is disabled I guess, wasn't always like that.

The worst is this topic, off-topic discussion. I see 14 deleted posts just on the first listing page.

http://forums.voipo.com/forumdisplay.php/23-Off-Topic-Discussion