PDA

View Full Version : How to change SIP Password?

myvoip07
04-04-2008, 11:13 AM
How to change the SIP password used in ATA/Softphone? Do we need to put in a support request?

I know Vpanel password can be changed from Vpanel -> Preferences -> Password.

Are there plans to keep Vpanel and SIP password the same?

usa2k
04-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Last time Tim tweaked mine, the Forum, vPanel, and SIP all match.

fisamo
04-04-2008, 06:23 PM
IIRC, the only way to change the SIP password was to request it via support. I think the option to change the vPanel password was put in with the intent of it being independent from the SIP password.

Out of curiosity, why change it?

myvoip07
04-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Out of curiosity, why change it?
I am unable to find the original e-mail with the password and want to test with different sofphone's. ATA has it but it is all *'s

I will send a support request to get it changed.

VOIPoTim
04-05-2008, 04:44 AM
Yeah right now you guys are able to change web passwords. SIP passwords cannot be changed unless it was something manually done.

We can reset a SIP password and it'll generate a new one and email it to you.

If anyone needs that, just let us know.

myvoip07
04-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah right now you guys are able to change web passwords. SIP passwords cannot be changed unless it was something manually done.

We can reset a SIP password and it'll generate a new one and email it to you.

If anyone needs that, just let us know.

Already opened a support Ticket last night.

VOIPoTim
04-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Looks like this should have been resolved now. Did you get an email with new password?

myvoip07
04-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Looks like this should have been resolved now. Did you get an email with new password?
Yes i did get an e-mail with the new sip password. Able to login and connect, thanks so much. Will make sure to keep the e-mail with the password stored in a safe place :)