PDA

View Full Version : Trouble calling Comcast Digitial Voice Customers

brianp101
08-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I am having trouble calling any comcast digital voice customer. I get one ring and then it goes to their voicemail. The person I am calling says it does a quick ring and then nothing. I have called Voipo support and they rerouted the 2 numbers I was calling and now they work. I now have another number I have to submit to support to reroute.

Can someone explain to me why this would be happening?

Bobman
08-26-2011, 10:32 AM
I too am having the same issue calling my sister in Maine who has her phone thru Metrocast. Calls to her number previously worked just fine. Her number is 207-490-XXXX .

usa2k
08-26-2011, 02:51 PM
If you made it to their voice mail is sounds like it was successful.
If its something else, send a ticket to support@voipo.com - it could be external to VOIPo's control but they might be able to help.

Bobman
08-26-2011, 05:28 PM
If I call my sister in Maine at 207-490-xxxx using voipo, I go straight to voice mail, but if I call her using my cell phone it works perfectly. I have submitted a ticket, but they have tried twice to fix it but still broken.

usa2k
08-26-2011, 06:44 PM
That would make me wonder if the VOIPo number is getting call filtered?
I wonder if on https://secure.voipo.com/beta/mobile you register you cell number,
then as a test you assign the mobile number as your outgoing number at
https://secure.voipo.com/beta/misc then try calling, I wonder if it could ring her number?

It could be a temporary test - I could also be just sending you on a wild goose chase!

Bobman
08-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Happy Days!! MY problem is resolved for now. Voipo Brandon called me and solved my problem. It was all my fault for the delay in getting it solved. I had given them 207-290-xxxx instead of 207-490-xxxx . I'm a idiot....I admit it. Anyway, once Brandon had the right phone number he had the problem solved in 30 seconds by rerouting through a different carrier. I'm delighted but a bit red-faced over the number.