PDA

View Full Version : Outgoing Caller ID for Business

dave77
08-27-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm hoping for some ideas from the forum since my responses from the support dept have not been too helpful. When I Make a call from my VoIPo line the outgoing caller ID comes up as "unknown." This is a big problem for my business since most people don't respond to unknown numbers. I love my VoIPo service so far but really need to figure this out. Here is my back and forth with VoIPo support after I opened a ticket explaining my problem.

Hello,

We currently do not offer Outgoing Caller ID customization. We simply send your number to the carrier who routes your call. If your number is not being sent properly, we can send a ticket to our carrier to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Martin

I'm not sure I understand. Does this mean you will send a ticket to my carrier? If this issue can not be resolved I may need to cancel this service. What is your refund policy? I can not have my outgoing caller ID say "unknown."

Hello,

We do not populate the name field of the outbound caller ID, we send out your number only for the outbound caller ID. Once the data leaves the VoIPo network we have no control over other carriers tacking on different information into our caller ID field. This issue is usually escalated with the termination carrier.

I will be sending an email shortly that has the cancellation procedure if you feel you must cancel.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,
Christopher G
VOIPo.com

While reading through the VoIPo forums I found others with the same problem who had it resolved. Is there a work around with the termination carrier? Why is there a Beta option for Outgoing ID on the vpanel that seems to do nothing? Will this be an option in the future? It's a big pain to cancel. It's also a big pain to use my cell phone to contact clients who don't respond to "unknown" phone numbers!

Hello,

We do not offer outbound caller ID name information. We only send the number on outbound calls.

Best regards,
Daniel C
VOIPo Customer Care

VOIPoTim
08-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Unfortunately we can't offer Outgoing Caller ID Name because our primary carrier partner does not support it. If and when they begin to offer it (and assuming it's at a reasonable price), we will offer it as well.

It's not a situation where we can just send the name. The underlying carrier is the only one that can update the name in the name database and our primary carrier partner (and most of our secondaries) just don't offer it.

The BETA Outgoing Caller ID option in the vPanel is used for sending a different number out, but it doesn't do anything with name.

GreenLantern
08-29-2011, 09:26 AM
You can submit your phone number to various yellowpages providers. Eventually, the number will get listed on more and more services.

The following website might help you understand the process.

http://www.listyourself.net/FAQ.jsp

AAAKK
08-30-2011, 08:48 PM
I really think this should be very clearly disclosed before you order. I just prepaid for 2 years of service and never thought about it. I took identifying my caller ID name for granted. My mother in law just answered the phone "Please take me off of you list". Not good. I use a VOIP service at another location and it does identify so why would I think VOIPO is different?