PDA

View Full Version : Billing My Customers? (Order Form Issues)

netvoips
09-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Can Voipo add a billing system for there resellers where we can bill out our customers using Pay-Pal or Google check out? also were the customer can upgrade there account within there account.

And if us resellers use the order forms that are provided in our Vpanel customers can just copy the(URL) link and go back and make number after number with out paying for it, I have Setup paypal were the customer can pay first then pick there number but i have had customers go back to the "Order Form" that you provide for us to use and make 5 or more numbers back to back.. How will Voipo fix this Issue?

VOIPoTim
09-04-2011, 04:36 PM
We may add some type of billing system in the future, but it's not something we offer at this time.

The order form builder is designed so that you can either direct people to your billing system and then redirect them to the form OR you can have them start with the form and then redirect them to your billing system. We have an option "Auto Approve" which can be disabled if you want to manually verify payments before approving them order.

gtvp
10-07-2011, 03:37 PM
We may add some type of billing system in the future, but it's not something we offer at this time.

Any estimate when you may have a billing system added? Looking at billing systems right now. Doing it manually for now. A timeline estimate could help decision to stick to manual billing til a billing system is added if not too far in the future.

gtvp
10-20-2011, 07:09 PM
so no time estimate?

sng
10-20-2011, 10:36 PM
The best way to do this is use your own shopping cart and manually fill out that form. Do this until VOIPO decides to add a payment gateway with the reseller form.

gtvp
10-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Well they were the ones that said they may add billing in the future. Just trying to get an estimate how far in the future so can make plans based on at least a ball park figure. I know what billing options are available. They basically will be manual no matter which way you go. No solution will be as integrated as if VOIPo offers a billing solution of their own as Tim said. It was a simple request of time frame in mind based on the statement he made of: "We may add some type of billing system in the future, but it's not something we offer at this time."

VOIPoTim
10-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Well they were the ones that said they may add billing in the future. Just trying to get an estimate how far in the future so can make plans based on at least a ball park figure. I know what billing options are available. They basically will be manual no matter which way you go. No solution will be as integrated as if VOIPo offers a billing solution of their own as Tim said. It was a simple request of time frame in mind based on the statement he made of: "We may add some type of billing system in the future, but it's not something we offer at this time."

This is something that is our on list of possibilities that we may consider in the future, but it's not something that's currently in development.

gtvp
10-25-2011, 11:24 AM
This is something that is our on list of possibilities that we may consider in the future, but it's not something that's currently in development.

Ok thanks Tim for clarifying. Will use WHMCS until then manually.

Inmemori
02-15-2012, 08:06 PM
With the auto-order disabled, the customer cannot see the list of available number... it just grays out.
So this order form won't even work for making reservations and then paying for them.
I have been asking the same question for 2 years now...
How are we supposed to sell these services if we can't show the customer that we have the number they want?
Either we can't show them, or we have to open up our pockets to fake account creation.

Tim, why doesn't VoIPo just develop an API for reseller integration?

I understand that you - eventually - want your system to be an all-in-one package for resellers, but until that day ever comes, please be a bit more considerate of our needs on this!

GreenLantern
02-16-2012, 07:42 PM
There are currently 2 options on the order form. Auto-order enabled or disabled.

If we could just get a 3rd option, with auto order still disabled, but allowing customers to browse and "request" a number (though still not guaranteed), that would be an easy solution requiring very little extra programming.

VOIPoTim
02-17-2012, 06:29 PM
There are currently 2 options on the order form. Auto-order enabled or disabled.

If we could just get a 3rd option, with auto order still disabled, but allowing customers to browse and "request" a number (though still not guaranteed), that would be an easy solution requiring very little extra programming.

The problem is resellers would still have to pay for the number in order for us to order it. So the idea behind non-automatic is that if someone comes through and runs through a bunch of fake orders, the reseller wouldn't be stuck paying for a bunch of numbers (even if just 1 month).

VOIPoTim
02-17-2012, 06:30 PM
With the auto-order disabled, the customer cannot see the list of available number... it just grays out.
So this order form won't even work for making reservations and then paying for them.
I have been asking the same question for 2 years now...
How are we supposed to sell these services if we can't show the customer that we have the number they want?
Either we can't show them, or we have to open up our pockets to fake account creation.

Tim, why doesn't VoIPo just develop an API for reseller integration?

I understand that you - eventually - want your system to be an all-in-one package for resellers, but until that day ever comes, please be a bit more considerate of our needs on this!

We keep all reseller feedback in mind and an API is on the list of things we will likely develop in the future. It's not something currently in development though so I can't give a timeline or ETA.

GreenLantern
02-17-2012, 06:31 PM
We keep all reseller feedback in mind and an API is on the list of things we will likely develop in the future. It's not something currently in development though so I can't give a timeline or ETA.

My idea is not to actually let the customer "order" the number. Merely indicate to the reseller in a more seamless fashion, what number and rate center they would like. Then the reseller could process the order (or not).

VOIPoTim
02-18-2012, 05:04 PM
My idea is not to actually let the customer "order" the number. Merely indicate to the reseller in a more seamless fashion, what number and rate center they would like. Then the reseller could process the order (or not).

I understand where you're going with it, but it's a lot more complicated than that.

The main problem is the number inventory would change too frequently and may not be available by the time the reseller processes the order.

The number inventory is shared by hundreds of other providers and services including Google Voice so it's rapidly changing. It's also a situation where even if the number is not already assigned, we can't just request that number from our carrier partner via their API. We can only pass the rate center and they pass back the available numbers and we have to choose one that they pass at multiple times.

The only way to really offer number selection is to order the number immediately when it's presented as available which is a big challenge since most resellers don't want to pay for numbers on orders that may not finish.