PDA

View Full Version : Looks Interesting..

burris
04-11-2008, 07:12 PM
I understand that for now there is no billing on the residential beta program.

I will be leaving my present provider as soon as I've selected a replacement and VOIPo has been recommended..

A few questions..

When the billing starts, will the monthly price be $22.95 month+taxes..

I have an SR SPA2102 that I think is now unlocked. Also a PAP2T that is unlocked and that I can keep for $50 after I leave the present provider.
Will either of these work well with VOIPo service?
If I try the service under beta and am satisfied, can I begin my port even if the pay site is not yet established?

I have already selected a temp number...do I need to enter my credit card info to get started?
Am I able to use my SPA2102 for now since the PAP2T is connected to my present service and can't be taken down until the port is complete?

Thanks in advance...

burris

VOIPoTim
04-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Burris,

Yes, that's the retail price. We'll have some kind of promotion for launch.

You do NOT need to provide any billing information at this point. Feel free to use the service. You should have received a welcome e-mail with info for your new number and should be able to use it immediately. Nothing left to do to activate at.

We recommend Grandstream ATAs, but you're welcome to try yours. In theory they should work, but since our system is optimized for Grandstream, we can't guarantee it.

You can port at any point...regardless of if we're still in BETA or not. If in beta, no billing info needed and if after beta you don't want to continue with a paid account, we'd give you sufficient time to port out the number to a new provider.

The basic settings needed for your ATA should be in the welcome email.

Server: codeblue.voipo.com
User: 10 Digit Phone Number
Pass: Password from Welcome Email

In most cases, that's all you need. If you have issues, we can adjust them with adding STUN, etc.

Give those a try and see what happens. If you run into problems, feel free to ask.

gbh2o
04-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Server: codeblue.voipo.com

I'm fond of it too, but maybe it is time for a new 'stable' name. :D I think the days of having the crash cart on standby are over!

usa2k
04-12-2008, 05:30 AM
I would suggest a boring name like connect.voipo.com if you were to change :)

Or ...
inbound.voipo.com
residential.voipo.com
commercial.voipo.com
callme.voipo.com
incrowd.voipo.com
. . .

And burris, it may get boring - things mostly work these days
(And pretty much worked in the beginning.)
You pick up interesting business launch insights from Tim by hanging here :)

burris
04-12-2008, 05:43 AM
. . .

And burris, it may get boring - things mostly work these days
(And pretty much worked in the beginning.)
You pick up interesting business launch insights from Tim by hanging here :)

When it comes to a reliable phone service, boredom can be most welcome..

fisamo
04-12-2008, 05:45 AM
I would recommend asking Tim for a Grandstream. Although I don't have one myself (connecting via Asterisk), there have been some flukey issues with at least a few accounts connected via PAP2, and the Grandstream will be the officially-supported device after launch.

If you want to keep your PAP to tinker and/or play with pay-as-you-go providers separately, $50 is not a bad price (you have to decide if it's worth $50... :) ), but for the purpose of getting in on this Beta, I'd request a Grandstream.

burris
04-12-2008, 12:21 PM
OK...How do I go about getting the Grandstream? I have my number and have registered.

I tried the adapters I have, but didn't get too far with them..

Thanks

burris

fisamo
04-12-2008, 04:34 PM
OK...How do I go about getting the Grandstream? I have my number and have registered.

I tried the adapters I have, but didn't get too far with them..

Thanks

burris

By "registered" do you mean you've connected your adapter with the appropriate SIP creds, or do you mean you've signed up for the forums and the service and gotten your welcome emails?

By "didn't get too far with them" do you mean that you haven't gotten dialtone and made calls, or you HAVE made calls, but haven't tested features yet?

:) I don't mean to be a pain in asking the questions, just want to be sure you get what you need.

burris
04-12-2008, 05:17 PM
By "registered" do you mean you've connected your adapter with the appropriate SIP creds, or do you mean you've signed up for the forums and the service and gotten your welcome emails?

By "didn't get too far with them" do you mean that you haven't gotten dialtone and made calls, or you HAVE made calls, but haven't tested features yet?

:) I don't mean to be a pain in asking the questions, just want to be sure you get what you need.

Ask away...you've been a great help..

I couldn't get my adapters connected. I did register and got my number and SIP info. I think it best to use the adapter that the provider sanctions so they can keep it provisioned properly..

I assume that if I get the Grandstream, I should be good to go, and if the service works as well as all the people who are posting, it really sounds good.
I did get all my welcome emails.

Thanks for your help.

VOIPoTim
04-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Ask away...you've been a great help..

I couldn't get my adapters connected. I did register and got my number and SIP info. I think it best to use the adapter that the provider sanctions so they can keep it provisioned properly..

I assume that if I get the Grandstream, I should be good to go, and if the service works as well as all the people who are posting, it really sounds good.
I did get all my welcome emails.

Thanks for your help.

I'll PM you about a Grandstream. It should be plug-and-play for 99% of customers. The best part....it'll stay that way consistently :)

fisamo
04-12-2008, 06:20 PM
OK. First of all, I don't think VOIPo has provisioning set up, even for the Grandstream. Tim will have to weigh in on this (whether or not it's set up, and if not, an ETA). Since you have a PAP2 (or PAP2T--doesn't matter), getting you up and running should be pretty straightforward.

I presume you have the administrative password to the PAP, correct? If not, you will need it--you can get it from your current provider by submitting a support ticket or calling support. If you call, make sure you have the correct password while you have the support rep on the line (see the two steps below this one).
Do you know the IP address of your PAP? If not, you can get it by dialing **** on your phone. When the voice says configuration menu, dial 110# and get ready to write. :)
Browse to the following url, replacing the IP address here with the IP address of your PAP: http://your.pap.ip.address/admin . The "/admin" part is critical. When asked for username and password, use "admin" for the username and the password your provider gave to you.
The first thing you need to do is disable provisioning. Click on the word "Provisioning" and change the setting next to "Provision Enable" from Yes to No. For good measure, you might also change "Resync on Reset" and "Upgrade Enable" to No, also.
I assume you want to keep Line 1 set up with your current provider and use Line 2 for Voipo, at least for initial testing; directions here will follow that scheme. If you need help reconfiguring, you can always ask. Click on the words Line 2 in the top menu bar, and make sure the following parameters are as shown (some may already be correct) :

Line Enable: Yes
SAS Enable: No
NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
NAT Keep Alive Enable: Yes
SIP Port: 5080 (It should be different from the port that's set for Line 1. 5060 is generally the default primary (Line 1), 5061 default secondary (Line 2). I've had best luck with 5080.)
Proxy: codeblue.voipo.com
Register: Yes
User ID: (Your 10-digit VOIPo number--see your welcome email.)
Password: (See your welcome email.)
DTMF Tx Mode: Auto (Auto works for me; try the other settings if you can't use IVRs like business voicemail, banks, etc.)
Dial plan: (*xx|[49]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxxS2|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0)

This dial plan will allow 0, 00, 411, 911, 7-digit local dialing, 10-digit (any area code) dialing, and 1+ (11-digit) dialing. There is no pattern in this dial plan to allow international calls, but they're disabled in the Beta, anyway. I'm not sure if 0, 00, or 411 connect to anything; 911 will route correctly within a few days of you entering your 911 info into the "vPanel".

Once you click "Save Settings" your adapter will reboot, and if the Line 2 light comes on solid, you should be able to make calls on your voipo line. Please let us know how it goes...

fisamo
04-12-2008, 06:22 PM
So provisioning is enabled for the Grandstreams? Nice! Do Beta users (at this point) have access to the full (administrator) configuration menu of the Grandstream?

chpalmer
04-12-2008, 06:44 PM
So provisioning is enabled for the Grandstreams? Nice! Do Beta users (at this point) have access to the full (administrator) configuration menu of the Grandstream?

Yes and No... in that order. :) :)

burris
04-12-2008, 06:56 PM

To answer your questions above, I have all the access and was going to do this but I decided to get a Grandstream, since they support this and go from there.

If VOIPo were to post a complete configuration for their service, I could easily set up the PAP2T, but till then, I'll wait for their adapter.

Thanks again....

burris

burris
04-12-2008, 07:24 PM
OK. First of all, I don't think VOIPo has provisioning set up, even for the Grandstream. Tim will have to weigh in on this (whether or not it's set up, and if not, an ETA). Since you have a PAP2 (or PAP2T--doesn't matter), getting you up and running should be pretty straightforward.

I presume you have the administrative password to the PAP, correct? If not, you will need it--you can get it from your current provider by submitting a support ticket or calling support. If you call, make sure you have the correct password while you have the support rep on the line (see the two steps below this one).
Do you know the IP address of your PAP? If not, you can get it by dialing **** on your phone. When the voice says configuration menu, dial 110# and get ready to write. :)
Browse to the following url, replacing the IP address here with the IP address of your PAP: http://your.pap.ip.address/admin . The "/admin" part is critical. When asked for username and password, use "admin" for the username and the password your provider gave to you.
The first thing you need to do is disable provisioning. Click on the word "Provisioning" and change the setting next to "Provision Enable" from Yes to No. For good measure, you might also change "Resync on Reset" and "Upgrade Enable" to No, also.
I assume you want to keep Line 1 set up with your current provider and use Line 2 for Voipo, at least for initial testing; directions here will follow that scheme. If you need help reconfiguring, you can always ask. Click on the words Line 2 in the top menu bar, and make sure the following parameters are as shown (some may already be correct) :

Line Enable: Yes
SAS Enable: No
NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
NAT Keep Alive Enable: Yes
SIP Port: 5080 (It should be different from the port that's set for Line 1. 5060 is generally the default primary (Line 1), 5061 default secondary (Line 2). I've had best luck with 5080.)
Proxy: codeblue.voipo.com
Register: Yes
User ID: (Your 10-digit VOIPo number--see your welcome email.)
Password: (See your welcome email.)
DTMF Tx Mode: Auto (Auto works for me; try the other settings if you can't use IVRs like business voicemail, banks, etc.)
Dial plan: (*xx|[49]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxxS2|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0)

This dial plan will allow 0, 00, 411, 911, 7-digit local dialing, 10-digit (any area code) dialing, and 1+ (11-digit) dialing. There is no pattern in this dial plan to allow international calls, but they're disabled in the Beta, anyway. I'm not sure if 0, 00, or 411 connect to anything; 911 will route correctly within a few days of you entering your 911 info into the "vPanel".

Once you click "Save Settings" your adapter will reboot, and if the Line 2 light comes on solid, you should be able to make calls on your voipo line. Please let us know how it goes...

I just took a look. Turned provisioning off and changed those fields you listed. What about the stun server that still points to VTnoc, and also the dns that belongs to VT?

Also interesting is after I insert the voipo password and save , it appears to revert to the old password. Can't read it, but the length is far greater than he one I was given..

fisamo
04-12-2008, 08:01 PM
For the time being, if you wanted to get away from any VTnoc addresses, you could use stun.fwdnet.net:3478 as the stun server (for now--may have to google for public stun servers if FWD doesn't last...), and for DNS, use 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3. I do not know how these changes will impact your VT service, though. Does the voipo line indicate that it's registered with the VTnoc settings for stun and DNS?

As for the password, the one you entered is still saved--I think Linksys just replaced whatever you type with a set number of *'s. If your line shows Registered, (or Online) on the info screen (first screen when you login to the PAP), you should be good to go. (Your "Line 2" light would also be on.)

burris
04-12-2008, 08:23 PM
For the time being, if you wanted to get away from any VTnoc addresses, you could use stun.fwdnet.net:3478 as the stun server (for now--may have to google for public stun servers if FWD doesn't last...), and for DNS, use 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3. I do not know how these changes will impact your VT service, though. Does the voipo line indicate that it's registered with the VTnoc settings for stun and DNS?

As for the password, the one you entered is still saved--I think Linksys just replaced whatever you type with a set number of *'s. If your line shows Registered, (or Online) on the info screen (first screen when you login to the PAP), you should be good to go. (Your "Line 2" light would also be on.)

I'm out of steam tonight so I'll check tomorrow. The VPanel shows that my device is not registered. Never got the light to go on..it works ok on line 2 with VT.

Thanks

burris

quattrohead
06-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Are we going to get the password for the Grandstream or are we for ever locked out ?
No problem either way, just asking as I now have one.....thanks Tim.