PDA

View Full Version : How to use second line (not cloned)

sfatula
09-23-2011, 09:51 PM
So, I have an account with a main number, and, a second number which functions as a non cloned line. So, each is separate and I need them separate. It appears you do not get sip credentials for the second line.

So, using a BYOD device that supports many registrations, is it still possible to get calls on both lines? I guess it depends how VOIPo sends the second call. Has anyone configured a device to do this, and if so, how?

dtrose
11-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Anyone? I'm interested in an answer as well as I'd like to start using either true SIP phones or getting something like a Cisco SPA8800 as a multiport (more than 2) ATA. I'm not too keen on the whole Grandstream ATAs.

VOIPoTim
11-25-2011, 07:24 PM
The "add-on line" is tied to the main account and cannot be used anywhere except on the ATA we provide.

Only full lines provide SIP credentials.

Unfortunately we have to have restrictions on this since the virtual numbers converted to 2nd lines are very heavily discounted and if we provided SIP credentials for both the primary account and the addon then users could abuse that to essentially get 2 lines they could use in 2 different places (or share with someone).

Addon lines can be upgraded to full accounts if SIP credentials are needed, but it's not something we can offer at the discounted addon pricing.

Cyn
03-02-2012, 11:20 AM
I need 2 separate phone numbers in my home does this require 2 separate boxes or can one handle that?

VOIPoTim
03-02-2012, 02:09 PM
If you want the numbers to operate independently as two separate lines with two separate numbers, you'd just order 2 accounts and would get 2 adapters or we could combine them onto 1 adapter at your request.