PDA

View Full Version : Google Voice Integration

michaeljc70
09-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I use Google Voice for my cell phone (same number). It rings my cell and my voipo home number if someone calls the cell. I would like to really have my cell ring and use google voicemail when someone calls my voipo number also. I am not sure how to do that.

I tried setting up my voipo account to ring my voipo only for a few seconds and then my cell. That didn't work that well.

I also thought about just forwarding my voipo to my cell. I believe I would be okay in terms of TOS as I don't use that many minutes. I am afraid though that if voipo forwards the call to my cell and google voice then tries to ring the cell and voipo there could be issues.

Any one done this with success?

ThorsDad
09-28-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm not an expert at this by any means but you could give this a try: Go to Beta=>Simul Ring and set Ring All to your VOIPo and GV numbers. Then go to Voicemail and disable it.

michaeljc70
09-28-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm not an expert at this by any means but you could give this a try: Go to Beta=>Simul Ring and set Ring All to your VOIPo and GV numbers. Then go to Voicemail and disable it.

I tried that before and it didn't work. I only got about 2 rings and it went to VM. I think it has to do with the voipo ringing the google voice which then tries to ring the voipo.

Russell
09-30-2011, 05:22 AM
Setting up any kind of loop is a BAD idea. By loop I mean number A calls number B and some rule causes number B to call number A back. A calls B, which calls C, which in turn calls A. This will only cause major grief.