PDA

View Full Version : Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

gls101
10-03-2011, 10:11 AM
I've been having intermittent problems for the last several weeks. The symptom:

Outbound calls to some numbers intermittently ring one time, then we hear dead air. The called party also hears one ring, but their Caller ID displays our phone number.

This doesn't affect all called numbers - just certain, repetitive ones. Most have been Brighthouse Cable VOIP phones, but at least one was an AT&T POTS line.

The ATA is a Grandstream TH502, and it's in front of the router. I've power cycled the ATA numerous times, which doesn't change the symptom.

There have been a total of three tickets opened (including one this morning) concerning this problem. In each of the 2 previous tickets, the response is to "try it now", and of course, when we try it, it works.

However, as soon as a few hours later, it's back to the same problem.

My spouse is fit to be tied, and has issued certain ultimatums, that involve my future ability to father children, and other sundry threats. You see, one of these problem phone numbers belongs to her sister, and another is a close friend that she calls frequently. This is NOT a 'discussion' I'll win, until the phone is working properly again.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, how was it resolved?

Gary

holmes4
10-03-2011, 11:44 AM
I would suggest trying it behind the router, and enabling port forwarding. I had issues like this with my Linksys RTP312 in front of the router.

DaveH
10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
gls,

Interesting, as my wife is claiming something similar, although there have been no threats or ultimatums.

Calls to one neighbor in particular, who also has VOIP (although through Optimum Voice,) intermittently go straight to their voicemail.

Another is calls to her mother. Sometimes they ring once, and then nothing.

I made an interesting observation (perhaps) when my wife calls me at the office. Recently, like the past week or so, the number comes up on our fancy Cisco IP phones twice on the caller ID. Almost as if the call is being served twice, possibly through VOIPo on both ports. Could one be the "real" call, and the other be a "ghost?" Then it just becomes the luck of the draw on which one gets connected? This would explain the intermittency.

Anyway, I kept blowing it off as an anomaly until I read your post.

Now, I think we may be on to something.

Dave.

hertz
10-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Gary, Dave:

I have the same problem...its been about 3 weeks or more...only to select numbers. My ATA is behind my firewall and port forwarding doesn't seem to help...The numbers that exhibit the problem were initially dialing just fine with no port forwarding enabled...what's changed?

Hertz

DaveH
10-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Interesting. My ATA is also behind the firewall with port forwarding enabled and SIP-ALG disabled.

I have opend a ticket with VOIPo support, text follows.

I will keep you guys updated when I hear back.

Dave.

Gentlemen,

I seem to have an intermittent issue with outgoing calls. I wasn't too concerned about it until 2 other VOIPo customers posted on the forum with the same issue. Interestingly, 2 of us have the ATA "behind the router" topology, and one has the ATA outside the network.

It seems when calls are made to 2 numbers, one a VOIP number (through Optimum Voice, not VOIPo) and one to a standard POTS number, the former goes directly to voicemail, and the latter drops after one ring. The latter sees the number come up on caller ID, but the call is not completed.

I also noticed a strange behavior recently when my home number calls my work IP phone.

The number comes up twice on the caller ID, as if the call is being served twice. Once correctly, and once as if it were a "ghost" call. Sometimes it completed successfully, sometimes not, as if I have a 50-50 chance.

Not sure if it is helpful, but I have clipped 3 call references, 2 are unsuccessful calls, the 3rd was a call to my work when the number showed up twice on the caller ID.

Call Reference ID: 870781483-5078-66@BJC.BGI.B.FA
Call Reference ID: 900834840-5078-68@BJC.BGI.B.FA

Call Reference ID: 1974826232-5078-97@BJC.BGI.B.FA

Any insight into the issue is appreciated, as I suspect you may be hearing this from others as well.

Thanks.

ai2000
10-09-2011, 11:07 AM
this seems to be standard operating procedure for VOIPO service. Some calls don't go through, some do. They add the routing and fixed. Seems very scary they have to manually add routing. Are the using a home pc hosted by gator to manage calls?

DaveH
10-10-2011, 03:17 PM
My issue was also fixed by doing route work on the 2 numbers. From what I have read on the Broadband forums, this type of issue is not exclusive to VOIPo.

Not making excuses, just saying.

Dave.

ai2000
10-11-2011, 11:47 AM
My issue was also fixed by doing route work on the 2 numbers. From what I have read on the Broadband forums, this type of issue is not exclusive to VOIPo.

Not making excuses, just saying.

Dave.

Good input, which other providers have this issue too? Any large ones? Never saw it with TimeWarner over 2 years of service.

DaveH
10-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I've seen posts regarding Callcentric, VOIP.ms.

I posted a question on the Broadband VOIP tech board:

A few weeks ago I had issues with outbound calls to 2 specific numbers. One would consistently go to the recipient's voicemail, the other would drop after one ring. I contacted my VOIP provider (VOIPo) and the fixed the issue by modifying the routes.

Is this common among VOIP providers?

What can they actually modify and how much control do they have over the route a call takes?

... and got this answer:

As with all providers they do choose the routes that your calls take.
The routes are generally chosen by what is called least cost routing. That means that in practicality, the provider tries to choose the route that cost the least and hopefully works.
When that route doesn't work for some, they simply put them over another carrier that maybe costs more or maybe has better access to the terminating point.

Mostly has to do with cost to the provider but as in any business in the world, cost is a major factor..

With respect to VOIPo, I have been around since the beta testing days and they have evolved into a first class VOIP provider and at one of the lowest cost...service, in my opinion, is second to none, as in many cases the owner of the company gets personally involved in any issue that routine support cannot solve..

No, I don't work for them..

burris
10-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Good input, which other providers have this issue too? Any large ones? Never saw it with TimeWarner over 2 years of service.

Maybe not, but what is the difference in cost between TimeWarner and VOIPo?

hertz
10-11-2011, 08:42 PM
I guess I'll need to do the same ...

I had no issues calling my "problem numbers" between July at start of service and the end of August or mid-Sept.

Never had to request routing work for Packet 8, Sunrocket, or Viatalk.

Hertz

wingsohot
10-12-2011, 05:12 AM

I've just started having the same issue with Timewarner. Noticed in my call logs that the times were showing up as am, however it was pm when I was calling out.

rmwlaw
10-12-2011, 07:48 AM
I am having the same problem with a wide variety of telephone numbers I am trying to call. Sometimes, it will drop the call after 15-20 seconds into the call.
I truly hope that VOIPO is on top of this, and is in the process of fixing this. I cannot afford to not be able to return calls from clients, or be in the midst of a conversation with a client, and voila.... No one on the other end of the phone.

ISP is Comcast.

jimski
10-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I have similar issues. Finally got everything working about 2 weeks ago & then after my home phone number was successfully ported 2 days ago, these same outgoing call issues re-emerged; calls ring once & drop or go to called no. voicemail. Also can't get simultaneous ring to work on incoming calls. Both lines(one is cellphone) sometimes ring only once & then quickly go to voicemail before either line can be answered? ? ?

fcbaia
10-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I was having the same persistent problem with one specific number. I created a support ticket in the evening and Voipo support resolved the issue by the next morning by applying a routing update for that number. Try getting that kind of quick help with your POTS. Thank you Voipo!

voipinit
10-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Hertz,

I had to request a routing fix when I was with Packet8.

rmwlaw
10-18-2011, 02:31 PM
The support staff has been real pleasant and seemingly knowledgeable. Unfortunately, my problems keep popping up. Had not had an issue in nearly 1.5 years, and now customers cannot contact me as the phone drops calls after 1 or 2 messages, and jumps to voicemail. Also, my calls out drop after the conversation starts.
I really hope they can figure out what is really happening!!!!

Tlbaker
10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Yes, I am having the same problem. Calls ring, then go busy while call is still ring on other phone. Does not ring and goes straight to call cutting off part of the opening conversation. Etc etc etc. What is happening????? It was working fine before.

energyx
10-18-2011, 05:46 PM
+1 for dead air on our end and ringing on the other. It has been happening here for about a month. Seems to affect the same numbers for me as well. They say they made a change and had me reboot my ATA, then mentioned my router. The router has been configured the same way and up for months. Something obviously changed on their end somewhere.

burris
10-18-2011, 05:57 PM
I suspect the changes have to do with VOIPo routing calls with different carriers along the way.
It is necessary in this business as carriers have problems and as a result require the providers to change routes on occasion.
Each carrier has its own method of originating and termininating calls and sometimes these clash.

Even if this is a temporary problem, I would suggest setting up your routers to forward ports 5400-65000 to your ATA. Also want to create a fixed IP on your ATA ro the router knows where to point those forwarded ports.

Sometimes it is also necessary for the provider to put you on a different route due to certain areas that may have problems, and that can be done by creating a trouble ticket or maybe a phone call to them..

Tlbaker
10-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Well something needs to be fixed immediately!!! I just got this service and it was working fine until now!!! Of course everything starts breaking down after 30 days of service!!! Too good to be true I guess. I left optimum voice for VoIPo!!! Not happy right now.

VOIPoTim
10-19-2011, 09:40 AM
There are no widespread issues on our end that we're aware of. If you have issues, you'll need to work with our support team. When contacting us about these types of issues, please include sample numbers that you're having issues with so we can review the logs. Without knowing the numbers you have problems calling, there's very little we can do outside of general troubleshooting.

Tlbaker
10-19-2011, 09:59 AM
So you are going to fix every number I call? This will not resolve the problem. We've tried this before rerouting a specific number I call. I can't call tech support every time I have an issue with a certain phone number. That means the phone system no longer works for me. I don't have a lot a time to troubleshoot for hours and hours when I need to spend the time using the phone system that I paid 200.00 up front. What happens to thr time lost for my phone system not working? I will call your tech person when i am back home to fix but if not resolved I will have to cancel.

Razzy
12-04-2014, 06:04 PM
I realize this is an old thread but I don't give a crap. I have the same issue for a while and nothing is fixed yet. Anyone else having this issue??

VOIPoTim
12-04-2014, 10:17 PM
I realize this is an old thread but I don't give a crap. I have the same issue for a while and nothing is fixed yet. Anyone else having this issue??

Contact us at support@voipo.com and we'll be able to help you. If it rings then goes to dead air, the most likely issue is that the audio stream is being blocked by your router/modem. Support can help you setup port forwarding on your router to always allow our traffic through to the VOIPO device and that'll likely resolve your issue.

Razzy
12-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Contact us at support@voipo.com and we'll be able to help you. If it rings then goes to dead air, the most likely issue is that the audio stream is being blocked by your router/modem. Support can help you setup port forwarding on your router to always allow our traffic through to the VOIPO device and that'll likely resolve your issue.

I've been in contact with support for a long while. So far, nothing is helping. I already did UDP port forwarding range 5004-65000 to 192.168.222.179 which is grandstream box internal IP. I left it alone until we fix the issue. Still the same issue. Most of the time, the outgoing calls dialed out no problem and I can stay on for HOURS without being disconnected. But some certain number will not dial out at all that I had to use my cell to call. If I use a different number while cannot dial that certain number, it will dial out no problem. It rings once, then nothing. Sometimes the party would tell/ask me if I called them earlier because they answered and it was dead air.

Razzy
12-05-2014, 11:32 AM
I've been in contact with support for a long while. So far, nothing is helping. I already did UDP port forwarding range 5004-65000 to 192.168.222.179 which is grandstream box internal IP. I left it alone until we fix the issue. Still the same issue. Most of the time, the outgoing calls dialed out no problem and I can stay on for HOURS without being disconnected. But some certain number will not dial out at all that I had to use my cell to call. If I use a different number while cannot dial that certain number, it will dial out no problem. It rings once, then nothing. Sometimes the party would tell/ask me if I called them earlier because they answered and it was dead air.

Razzy
12-05-2014, 11:35 AM
I also went through three different routers. All with same issue. My current router is an OpenWRT version.

Razzy
12-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Although they emailed me last night/this morning, that they did changes to my account and let's see how it works now. I'll post back if I still have issues.

tttony
12-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Although they emailed me last night/this morning, that they did changes to my account and let's see how it works now. I'll post back if I still have issues.

I'm not sure it will help or not, but for me it came down to hardware. After a year or so of agony with "support", I replaced the ATA...something that should have been suggested/considered way earlier in the process...and things magically got a heck of a lot better. I've been up without interruption ever since. Good luck!

ggmorton
12-08-2014, 11:02 AM

Yes, I see this issue a lot with only 1 phone number (my parents) which is to a rural phone company in TN.

They have made route changes, and it works for a while. Then it is back to the same problem. I've emailed support again to see if this can be finally resolved.

Razzy
12-11-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure it will help or not, but for me it came down to hardware. After a year or so of agony with "support", I replaced the ATA...something that should have been suggested/considered way earlier in the process...and things magically got a heck of a lot better. I've been up without interruption ever since. Good luck!

Did they replaced it with the same make/model? Or a different brand? VOIPO used to have Linksys models before - I had it for a while and it had zero issue. Then I created a second phone account - got Grandstream instead, a week or two later, I closed the first account and sent back the Linksys model. I wish I kept it.

Razzy
12-11-2014, 11:43 AM

Tim, still having the same issue. It is not my side but your side. I did a small test today with two phone numbers, Phone number #1 doesn't work, phone number #2 works. Here what I did.

Called Phone number #1... ring.... dead air
Called Phone number #1 again ... ring... dead air
Called Phone number #2 ring...ring...ring...answered. Talked with party for 3 mins no problem. Hanged up normally.
Called Phone number #1 3rd time... ring.... dead air
Called Phone number #1 4th time... ring.... dead air.

This is all within ten minutes. It is clearly something to do with your side.

Razzy
12-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Tim, still having the same issue. It is not my side but your side. I did a small test today with two phone numbers, Phone number #1 doesn't work, phone number #2 works. Here what I did.

Called Phone number #1... ring.... dead air
Called Phone number #1 again ... ring... dead air
Called Phone number #2 ring...ring...ring...answered. Talked with party for 3 mins no problem. Hanged up normally.
Called Phone number #1 3rd time... ring.... dead air
Called Phone number #1 4th time... ring.... dead air.

This is all within ten minutes. It is clearly something to do with your side.

Ansextra
12-11-2014, 08:45 PM
The problem definitely still exists and I suspect it always will until the VOIP carriers get their act together. I had two numbers in the past two days that needed the infamous "routing treatment". I'm thinking the help desk has created a template for these problems since they happen so often.

Jabber
12-12-2014, 10:02 AM
The problem definitely still exists and I suspect it always will until the VOIP carriers get their act together. I had two numbers in the past two days that needed the infamous "routing treatment". I'm thinking the help desk has created a template for these problems since they happen so often.

Yes, I as well as my parents have been having this issue for the past several months. I've had VOIPO service for the past 4 years with no issues until now. Random numbers won't go through and there's no pattern to it...they are local, regional, LD, and international calls. One ring and click. I'm really getting fed up. Wondering if this is a regionally based issue as we are both in NJ. Latest ticket response has said that the issue lies outside of the VOIPO network and is beyond their control. Not helpful. If this is the case a more detailed explanation is warranted.

tttony
12-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Did they replaced it with the same make/model? Or a different brand? VOIPO used to have Linksys models before - I had it for a while and it had zero issue. Then I created a second phone account - got Grandstream instead, a week or two later, I closed the first account and sent back the Linksys model. I wish I kept it.

I replaced it myself with an Obi202. Still working great!

Ansextra
12-12-2014, 10:31 AM
I replaced it myself with an Obi202. Still working great!I am using an Obi202 for both of my Voipo lines and still have the "ring once and die" issue periodically so the problem has followed the ATA. To my knowledge the ATA doesn't have anything to do with the remote call routing.

tttony
12-12-2014, 11:59 AM
I am using an Obi202 for both of my Voipo lines and still have the "ring once and die" issue periodically so the problem has followed the ATA. To my knowledge the ATA doesn't have anything to do with the remote call routing.

Sorry to hear that. I'm in good shape now. Although we did need the infamous "treatment" for the mother-in-law several times. It's kind of funny really, I think someone else had a very similar scenario. That's some pretty high tech logic to deny connection to the mother-in-law only ;)

GreenLantern
12-16-2014, 10:11 AM
My company has several hundred numbers/accounts with voipo, using equipment from a lot of different brands (grandstream, obi, linksys, cisco, polycom, asterisk, and about a dozen others).

Most of our accounts work fine. But a scattering of our numbers suffer from the one-ring-then-dead issue over and over, resulting in a disproportionately high volume of our support tickets. We have to first perform internal troubleshooting to make sure it isn't a device, network, or user issue. It usually isn't, so then we have to log and submit call examples so voipo can perform "route treatments". After going through the support ticket process, that dialed number then works, but a day later we may run into a different number requiring yet another route treatment.

My understanding is that voipo uses multiple carriers for routing calls. Which carrier is used depends on origination and destination, plus (I assume) the relative cost of the various carriers... lowest cost having priority. That is, unless they perform some kind of manual override (route treatment), causing a more reliable carrier to be used.

I believe that a few weeks ago, one carrier was removed from the voipo routing "pool" due to poor performance. But it sounds like there is at least one more flakey carrier out there that is still causing problems.

Either that, or there's simply a flaw/bug in the voipo network somewhere, causing certain routes to be unreliable.

I would think that some kind of intelligence could be written into the system, for example not allowing the same route to be used within a short time on a redial. Or to take note of 2 or more attempts to call a number within a short period of time, then an automatic route treatment could be applied. Combine that with elimination of flakey routes/carriers, and voipo could be much more robust and reliable.

Hopefully, the issue can be hunted down and dealt with, because (IMO) this is really the single largest negative issue with voipo at this time.

Ansextra
12-16-2014, 10:36 AM
I would have to agree that this is the single largest negative issue with Voipo (at least to me). It seems as if I run into at least one number that rings once and dies almost daily. It is at the point that when I dial a new number I find myself holding my breath waiting for the second ring. I've opened numerous tickets and have had the infamous "routing treatment" successfully done every time but the thing about phone service is that I expect to be connected when I dial a number. It wouldn't be so bad if I could call right back and get connected a second time but I can't even do that. If a number doesn't work it just doesn't work until the "routing treatment" is done. Unless I am on IM with someone it is impossible to ask them to call me back as I have no way to ask them to do that. All in all this is EXTREMELY frustrating. Phones need to connect when a number is dialed. Once in a while I understand that there can be issues but the frequency with which this happens makes it unacceptable.

racerdude
12-18-2014, 11:27 AM
I've also had to do numerous routing treatment requests but my issue is slightly different, in my case some outgoing calls only stay connected for 20-30 seconds before dropping. I've done extensive troubleshooting with my router and ATA and even swapped both of them but still have the problem. Routing treatments always correct the issue, but it sometimes happens a few days later to the same number. Fortunately it doesn't happen with all outgoing calls, but like you mentioned its frustrating when it does because I have to call the person back from a different phone when it happens until the support ticket is answered.

I also agree that this is the biggest negative issue with Voipo.

racerdude
12-30-2014, 08:58 PM
This issue is still happening:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29756110-VOIPo.COM-Routing-Treatment-Blues

VOIPoTim
12-31-2014, 02:33 PM
Can those of you having this issue with outgoing calls please let me know if it seems solved now? I've had our developers going through a ton of call samples from the users that have reported this issue and they believe that they found an issue that was causing some some calls to fail. It was a very tiny % of customers that would be impacted (those that use a certain combination of features), but it appeared in nearly all of the customer examples I had them analyze.

This wasn't something support would have been able to see since they don't have that level of detail so they tried "updating the LCR route" to another carrier and while that solved it in some cases, it wasn't the real issue.

There will always be an occasional routing issue with VoIP and there will always be situations where there are sometimes NAT issues that cause issues, but it shouldn't be a regular thing.

With so many of you reporting issues on here and to me directly, I knew there was something going on and I'm glad we've finally found what we believe is the cause and corrected it.

For those of you that were having this issue, please let me know if it seems to be cleared up for you or if you continue to have issues. Our developers are pretty confident that this was the culprit.

If you do have a failed call, please e-mail me directly at tim @ voipo.com with your VOIPO username, the number you called that failed, and the approximate date/time so we can look into it specifically.

As always if you need anything related to VOIPO, please feel free to e-mail me directly.

Thank you for your business!

tritch
01-02-2015, 11:05 AM
My father who has Voipo still has this issue to one specific number, so something else must be going on. There are no call reference logs to provide in vPanel because the attempted call doesn't even show up as if you never attempted the call. He had to use his cell phone to make the call.

He can't reach 813-840-6904 (Bay Palms Golf Club, Tampa FL):

1st attempt on Dec 28.....1 ring then dead air
2 attempts today Jan 2....1 ring then dead air

I'm not at my house right now, so I'm not able to see if I have the same issue from my device.

Update:

I tried again from my house this time and the same issue....1 ring then dead air. ATA is connected directly to a bridged DSL modem w/ a public IP (no NAT or firewall), so problem is definitely on Voipo's side....

Ansextra
01-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Just for the heck of it I tried calling the number myself. I'm in NJ if that makes a difference. For me the number rings twice and then goes dead. Works fine from my cell.

sama123
01-02-2015, 12:14 PM
I have been a Voipo customer going on 6 years now and generally the service has been good but the last couple of months were hellish. I have had to submit multiple support tickets and each time the issue creeps back.

This issue of outgoing dead calls caused me so much headaches that I switched one of my lines to a different provider, even though I lost about 6-8 months prepaid service with Voipo.It was very frustrating and since it was my SOHO line, I did not want to continue always having to contact Voipo support for re-routing a specific number each time. Voipo is not refunding the remainder of my unused credit. I am not a big consumer of calls on my residential line, but if this issues such as these persist, I will definitely be switching that line to a new provider when it is up for renewal.

I am hoping that they have gotten to the bottom of the issues.

ddodell
01-03-2015, 04:27 PM
It looks like it solved my problems! Great!

Can those of you having this issue with outgoing calls please let me know if it seems solved now? I've had our developers going through a ton of call samples from the users that have reported this issue and they believe that they found an issue that was causing some some calls to fail. It was a very tiny % of customers that would be impacted (those that use a certain combination of features), but it appeared in nearly all of the customer examples I had them analyze.

This wasn't something support would have been able to see since they don't have that level of detail so they tried "updating the LCR route" to another carrier and while that solved it in some cases, it wasn't the real issue.

There will always be an occasional routing issue with VoIP and there will always be situations where there are sometimes NAT issues that cause issues, but it shouldn't be a regular thing.

With so many of you reporting issues on here and to me directly, I knew there was something going on and I'm glad we've finally found what we believe is the cause and corrected it.

For those of you that were having this issue, please let me know if it seems to be cleared up for you or if you continue to have issues. Our developers are pretty confident that this was the culprit.

If you do have a failed call, please e-mail me directly at tim @ voipo.com with your VOIPO username, the number you called that failed, and the approximate date/time so we can look into it specifically.

As always if you need anything related to VOIPO, please feel free to e-mail me directly.

Thank you for your business!

jazz4me
01-05-2015, 02:09 PM
After several months of experiencing this problem and it being fixed for specific numbers, it's still a problem as recent as today. It's very frustrating to not be able to complete the call. One thing I noticed
with one of the numbers I called today is that it did ring more than once prior to disconnecting. It rang approx. 6 times and then disconnected so I guess that's "progress", but the end result is the same;
it disconnects. I used my cell phone as I now know I have to do when this happens. Today I asked the person I attempted to call, if the phone rang previously. I was told it never rang although on my end, it rang several times prior to disconnecting. On another attempt to another number, it reached the persons v-mail and then disconnected during their outgoing msg. This is a problem with both local and long distance calls. There needs to be a permanent resolution to this problem.

VOIPoTim
01-05-2015, 02:45 PM
What is your ticket number? Our developers are actively looking more into this issue today.

After several months of experiencing this problem and it being fixed for specific numbers, it's still a problem as recent as today. It's very frustrating to not be able to complete the call. One thing I noticed
with one of the numbers I called today is that it did ring more than once prior to disconnecting. It rang approx. 6 times and then disconnected so I guess that's "progress", but the end result is the same;
it disconnects. I used my cell phone as I now know I have to do when this happens. Today I asked the person I attempted to call, if the phone rang previously. I was told it never rang although on my end, it rang several times prior to disconnecting. On another attempt to another number, it reached the persons v-mail and then disconnected during their outgoing msg. This is a problem with both local and long distance calls. There needs to be a permanent resolution to this problem.

jazz4me
01-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Hi Tim,

I finally documented the problem in an existing ticket for another problem that's been escalated to Tier2 support. The ticket number is #UOF-340-37161. I've called several
times regarding this issue since Sep '14. The problem has been documented and referenced internally at Voipo during these calls.

Thank you!

What is your ticket number? Our developers are actively looking more into this issue today.

VOIPoTim
01-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Hi Tim,

I finally documented the problem in an existing ticket for another problem that's been escalated to Tier2 support. The ticket number is #UOF-340-37161. I've called several
times regarding this issue since Sep '14. The problem has been documented and referenced internally at Voipo during these calls.

Thank you!

Ok great, I'll bump your ticket up to our developers so they have another example to look at.

lrnarasimhan
01-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Please add me to this list. The problem has been intermittent but has become much more common in recent weeks. Initially it was calls to one number not going through and it was fixed by a manual update to routes. In the past few days, several calls to different numbers either dropped after one ring or conked out during the call itself.

I am currently working with Tech Support via #ZMU-108-14924. In fact, when we called this in today, one of the calls got dropped mid conversation.

I have sent results of a traceroute to sip-central01.voipwelcome.com to Tech Support as requested earlier today.

For completeness: I've tried unplugging the device, waiting a few minutes, and plugging it back in, rebooting the Verizon FiOs router, etc. Network tests to check for VOIP suitability indicate the internet connection is fine 29 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up, low jitter, low packet loss (via http://voiptest.8x8.com/)

One other possibly useful bit: For a day or two, we got three short tones before the continuous dial tone when clicking on the cordless phone to make a call. Today, the standard dial tone comes on, no short tones.

We have basic Voipo service and aren't using any special features other than normal phone calling.

lrnarasimhan
01-07-2015, 11:58 PM
I sent a similar post yesterday and it hasn't gotten out of the mod queue so I'm trying again.

I've had Voipo for a few months and am experiencing similar symptoms. Initially, some numbers would ring once and stop. Those got manually added to some list by tech support and rerouted. Now, on some days, outbound calls to several numbers have that problem along with calls dropped mid conversation and/or with poor audito quality. It will fix itself for a couple of days and start again. We've called in to tech support, they see several dropped calls in the logs, and one support call got dropped mid-call.

Tech support asked for a traceroute which I sent and which they determined to be inconclusive. They want to do a live session and look into port forwarding. I don't think this will help either but will schedule an appointment to try it. I've rebooted the router and unplugged/replugged the Voipo device several times.

I use no special features, just regular calling. http://voiptest.8x8.com/ says my Verizon FiOS is working fine for Voip with ~20Mb/s down and up, low packet loss, and other indications of good connectivity.

This is currently under ticket [#ZMU-108-14924]

This sounds like another datum for the developers. Whatever the underlying problem it is slowly getting worse.

Razzy
01-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Still having this issue :(

VOIPoClay
01-14-2015, 12:16 PM
I sent a similar post yesterday and it hasn't gotten out of the mod queue so I'm trying again.

I've had Voipo for a few months and am experiencing similar symptoms. Initially, some numbers would ring once and stop. Those got manually added to some list by tech support and rerouted. Now, on some days, outbound calls to several numbers have that problem along with calls dropped mid conversation and/or with poor audito quality. It will fix itself for a couple of days and start again. We've called in to tech support, they see several dropped calls in the logs, and one support call got dropped mid-call.

Tech support asked for a traceroute which I sent and which they determined to be inconclusive. They want to do a live session and look into port forwarding. I don't think this will help either but will schedule an appointment to try it. I've rebooted the router and unplugged/replugged the Voipo device several times.

I use no special features, just regular calling. http://voiptest.8x8.com/ says my Verizon FiOS is working fine for Voip with ~20Mb/s down and up, low packet loss, and other indications of good connectivity.

This is currently under ticket [#ZMU-108-14924]

This sounds like another datum for the developers. Whatever the underlying problem it is slowly getting worse.

lrnarasimhan,

Please open a ticket with some specific call ID's and I can go ahead and take a look for you. You can put ATTN: Clay in the subject line and the Tier 1 staff should pass it up to me.

With specific call examples I can do my best to track down your exact issue.

Thanks,
Clay

VOIPoClay
01-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Still having this issue :(

Razzy,

Do you have a ticket id I can look at?

Thanks,
Clay

Razzy
01-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Razzy,

Do you have a ticket id I can look at?

Thanks,
Clay

Clay,

I believe Tim already set me up but here it is just in case. Sorry for the delay. Thank you!

Ticket ID #IOR-782-99970

Larry

Razzy
01-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Just FYI, I barely called anyone in past few days but I didn't have any issues. Not sure if it's fixed but I'll be sure to let you know :)

Julia
02-20-2015, 08:25 PM
I have a horrible issue with my Voipo service, I will likely have the police here accusing me of harassment.

When I place a call, it rings and rings from my side which seems like the other party isn't answering. What actually is happening is the party answers and gets dead air. They hang up then their phone rings again with caller ID showing my voipo number. This will continue for about half an hour. I tested by calling my cell phone and I counted 47 missed calls, all of which were caused by a single call from my voipo line. This also continues while my ATA is disconnected from the network and from power. So, this tells me the call is originating from Voipo's server.

The way I understand SIP, a placed call contacts the sip server to set the call up, once the server has established the call it connects the 2 sip devices to each other directly. For some reason their server continues to place calls to the destination for a half an hour. There is nothing I can do to make it stop. I have been trying to get to level 2 support with no luck, my support tickets are flooded with them wanting me to run their network test, reboot the device, etc. Obviously if I'm disconnected from the Internet and my voipo number repeatedly calls someone, its not a problem on my network.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a way to get level 2 support involved to fix it?

chevyman
02-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a way to get level 2 support involved to fix it?

I have had this happen a few times, if you contact VOIPoTim he can get you to level 2.

VOIPoTim
02-28-2015, 02:03 PM
I have a horrible issue with my Voipo service, I will likely have the police here accusing me of harassment.

When I place a call, it rings and rings from my side which seems like the other party isn't answering. What actually is happening is the party answers and gets dead air. They hang up then their phone rings again with caller ID showing my voipo number. This will continue for about half an hour. I tested by calling my cell phone and I counted 47 missed calls, all of which were caused by a single call from my voipo line. This also continues while my ATA is disconnected from the network and from power. So, this tells me the call is originating from Voipo's server.

The way I understand SIP, a placed call contacts the sip server to set the call up, once the server has established the call it connects the 2 sip devices to each other directly. For some reason their server continues to place calls to the destination for a half an hour. There is nothing I can do to make it stop. I have been trying to get to level 2 support with no luck, my support tickets are flooded with them wanting me to run their network test, reboot the device, etc. Obviously if I'm disconnected from the Internet and my voipo number repeatedly calls someone, its not a problem on my network.

Please contact our support team and we'll be happy to help. That's definitely not normal.

4plus3vette
03-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Hi Julia,

Same exact problem here. I have been on 3-4 calls with level 1 support. I FINALLY got to Tier 2, they did one thing, told me to reset my system and try again. Not only did it not fix the problem, it got worse.

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get in touch with VoipOTimothyDick. Maybe he'll read this.

Here is a summary of my issue:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

My phone is still broken and no one at Voipo is responding to my issue.

Here is a new problem that was created as a result of whatever changes Rachel made the other day.

Now, when calling my home (Voipo) phone from my office phone (Vonage), the call gets re-routed to the failover number (my wife's cell phone).

Please Help!!!

Jim

== == == == == == Forwarded message == == == == == ==
To : <tier2@voipo.com>
Date : Sun, 01 Mar 2015 11:56:15 -0500
Subject : Fwd: Re: [#FNU-320-86705]: unable to connect to various numbers

Hi Rachel,

I am resending this message.

I had to just reset my Voipo box because incoming calls were going directly to the failover number. After reset, incoming calls come through properly.

I just discovered a new phone number where the system fails as reported below: 315-440-xxxx (my cell phone through TracFone).

Here is a number that works successfully (none of the issues below when calling this number): 315-488-xxxx (my home VOIP line through Verizon).

Please help, my wife is getting really annoyed with the service and it is hard to keep her from making me drop VOIPO as a carrier. I don't want to lose my VOIPO.

If you cannot figure it out, will you please get Timothy Dick involved?

Thank you,

Jim

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [#FNU-320-86705]: unable to connect to various numbers
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:17:20 -0500
To: tier2@voipo.com

Hi Rachel,

I reset my Voipo box and Verizon modem. No luck. My call from VOIPO to my office (Vonage) still just rings on my end and the recipient answer to silence as stated here:

Issue: Customer unable to connect to various numbers. Just rings on his end and the recipient picks up phone and there is just dead air. Once the customer hangs up the recipient gets another call with dead air even though the caller has already hung up. None of this shows in the call history so no call references to list. Calling our TF doesn't show up in call history either.

What can we do now?

Thank you,

Jim

On 2/27/2015 12:13 PM, VOIPo Tier 2 Support wrote:

fc98b484e4cb9713fab60a49697f4e@helpdesk.voipo.com" type="cite">Hello

I've made some adjustments to the adapter settings, please disconnect power for 30 seconds, plug back in, and test to the known numbers having this issue again.

Best Regards,

Rachel S
VOIPo Customer Care

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: FNU-320-86705
Department: Tier II Support
Type: Issue
Priority: Requests Handled in Order Received

Helpdesk: https://helpdesk.voipo.com

VOIPoTim
03-02-2015, 07:39 PM
As I said in the PM reply, I asked a supervisor to take a look at your ticket and get in touch with you about it.

You should hear from a supervisor shortly.

Hi Julia,

Same exact problem here. I have been on 3-4 calls with level 1 support. I FINALLY got to Tier 2, they did one thing, told me to reset my system and try again. Not only did it not fix the problem, it got worse.

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get in touch with VoipOTimothyDick. Maybe he'll read this.

Here is a summary of my issue:

Hello,

My phone is still broken and no one at Voipo is responding to my issue.

Here is a new problem that was created as a result of whatever changes Rachel made the other day.

Now, when calling my home (Voipo) phone from my office phone (Vonage), the call gets re-routed to the failover number (my wife's cell phone).

Please Help!!!

Jim

To : <tier2@voipo.com>
Date : Sun, 01 Mar 2015 11:56:15 -0500
Subject : Fwd: Re: [#FNU-320-86705]: unable to connect to various numbers

Hi Rachel,

I am resending this message.

I had to just reset my Voipo box because incoming calls were going directly to the failover number. After reset, incoming calls come through properly.

I just discovered a new phone number where the system fails as reported below: 315-440-xxxx (my cell phone through TracFone).

Here is a number that works successfully (none of the issues below when calling this number): 315-488-xxxx (my home VOIP line through Verizon).

Please help, my wife is getting really annoyed with the service and it is hard to keep her from making me drop VOIPO as a carrier. I don't want to lose my VOIPO.

If you cannot figure it out, will you please get Timothy Dick involved?

Thank you,

Jim

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [#FNU-320-86705]: unable to connect to various numbers
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:17:20 -0500
To: tier2@voipo.com

Hi Rachel,

I reset my Voipo box and Verizon modem. No luck. My call from VOIPO to my office (Vonage) still just rings on my end and the recipient answer to silence as stated here:

Issue: Customer unable to connect to various numbers. Just rings on his end and the recipient picks up phone and there is just dead air. Once the customer hangs up the recipient gets another call with dead air even though the caller has already hung up. None of this shows in the call history so no call references to list. Calling our TF doesn't show up in call history either.

What can we do now?

Thank you,

Jim

On 2/27/2015 12:13 PM, VOIPo Tier 2 Support wrote:

fc98b484e4cb9713fab60a49697f4e@helpdesk.voipo.com" type="cite">Hello

I've made some adjustments to the adapter settings, please disconnect power for 30 seconds, plug back in, and test to the known numbers having this issue again.

Best Regards,

Rachel S
VOIPo Customer Care

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: FNU-320-86705
Department: Tier II Support
Type: Issue
Priority: Requests Handled in Order Received

Helpdesk: https://helpdesk.voipo.com

4plus3vette
03-03-2015, 12:31 PM
VOIPoTim, you got the job done. Things are operating normally again. Thank you very much.