PDA

View Full Version : vPanel Changes

VOIPoTim
04-16-2008, 08:46 PM
There have been some design changes made to vPanel for residential users this evening and there will be some more over the next week or so.

We're essentially stripping out any fluff right now and any non-functional/needing work features.

To start with you'll notice that for now all billing options have been removed. There has been a lot of confusion regarding billing during the BETA and some users have actually submitted payments. We are also evaluating the billing system itself and may make some changes to that before launch. Based on the sheer vastness of the corrections we've had to make since our new developers have been working on the system, I'm not confident in using it for a large volume of transactions. We will be integrating a commerical billing software that will inteface with vPanel for the immediate upcoming launch and then will run it in the background to make sure it's working properly and iron out any bugs before using it for live transactions. The billing tab has been completely removed for the time being.

We've also arranged the tabs in a more logical order and dropped the side nav for the time being since it has no useful info.

In contacts, we've also removed the Unknown Contacts feature because it needs some work and I don't think it's really that useful myself.

We'll be simplifying and making some changes to it more over the next few days and then will have designer go in and deal with browser compatibility, javascript errors, error checking, forms, etc to make sure we're all set there.

From there, vPanel V1 will be ready to go.

usa2k
04-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Nice and clean for spring! :)

gbh2o
04-17-2008, 08:17 AM
CLEAN! Just needs that "Residential" sub-tag to let me know which account I'm using at any given moment. ;) But then, I've always been a big fan of the KISS philosophy.

However! :-( I tried to delete a contact from my one Baseline Group and received the following:

Exception Caught: Unable to execute query! DELETE a, b FROM contacts a LEFT JOIN contacts_numbers b ON (a.id = b.contact_id) LEFT JOIN WHERE a.id IN ('125') AND a.account_id = 497

VOIPoNorm
04-17-2008, 09:48 AM
The contact deletion code should be fixed. Can you please test it.

fisamo
04-17-2008, 11:30 AM
I was able to delete contacts that had been 'stuck' for a while. Looking good.

VOIPoNorm
04-17-2008, 12:19 PM
If there are any other "stuck" entries or other functions that don't appear to be working as expected, please post a comment.

gbh2o
04-17-2008, 07:58 PM
The contact deletion code should be fixed. Can you please test it.

Thanks, it worked just fine this time.

myvoip07
04-17-2008, 09:11 PM
I like the new Vpanel, nice, simple and looks professional..

usa2k
04-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Please put "send fax" with the other Features sub-headings?

VOIPoTim
04-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Please put "send fax" with the other Features sub-headings?

Yes, that nav is confusion for it since it's the only option hidden within another option (under fax).

We'll make sure that gets moved to the main subnav.

quattrohead
04-18-2008, 06:24 AM
That is now looking much better.

usa2k
04-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Any chance of adding LNP screen to the Residential?

christcorp
04-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Have to admit that the vpanel definitely looks simpler and easier to use. I had my wife look through it; she can barely spell "VOIP". She had no problem using it. Obviously, things like custom call routing is a little confusing; but then again, that wasn't really meant for the average user. More for the advanced type. All in all, it's looking good.

Later.... Mike......

darylo
04-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Can't remove old voicemail mailbox from an old virtual number.

VOIPoTim
04-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Can't remove old voicemail mailbox from an old virtual number.

Can you PM me the number?