PDA

View Full Version : key press wait time...

karlkras
10-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Maybe it's due to my own feebleness, but does anyone else find the wait time between key presses to be too short?
I've timed this. If you spend more the 3.5 seconds between pressing the next key on a phone dial attempt the tone goes to busy and you have to abort the dial attempt and start over.
Obviously not a problem with pre-programmed or memorized numbers, but if, e.g., attempting to transpose from an alpha to numeric number, e.g., '877-99-voipo', hunting for those keys can easily take more then the 3.5 max (especially if I'm not wearing my glasses) and takes multiple attempts to get the bugger dialed.
How is this controlled? Can it be controlled? Never had this issue with Vonage.

new guy,
Karl

voipinit
10-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes it can be changed, but Voipo support will have to change it for you. I suggest you put in a ticket.

karlkras
10-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Yes it can be changed, but Voipo support will have to change it for you. I suggest you put in a ticket.

Well, according the support response it "can't be done", since it's considered their standard(?) which I find interesting. Where do I file a ticket?

thanks,
Karl

voipinit
10-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Well, according the support response it "can't be done", since it's considered their standard(?) which I find interesting. Where do I file a ticket?

thanks,
Karl

Translated that sounds like they can do it but won't, not sure why. The default setting for the 'no key entry timeout' is 4 sec., which is probably what they are using. You can file a ticket in Vpanel under the Support tab.